SPD-SL cleats

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Qui Si Parla Ca, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. On the new shimano pedal..anybody heard of any 'issues' with the cleats??

    Heard one from Euro-Asia and seeing if anybody has 'heard' anything...

    Andy, MikeJ, Sheldon??

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    Peter, I just received a registered letter that has a recall notice on the first SL cleats. They
    have redone the front part of the cleat to have a little more meat on it. They have a # to call to
    get an RA to send in the bad cleats and when they get them back they will ship you new ones. It only
    effects the first shipment of Dura-Ace SL pedals. Call Shimano to see if you got any of the
    shipmants effected. Hope this helps, Garry

    > On the new shimano pedal..anybody heard of any 'issues' with the cleats??
    >
    > Heard one from Euro-Asia and seeing if anybody has 'heard' anything...
    >
    > Andy, MikeJ, Sheldon??

  3. Michael Hoyt

    Michael Hoyt Guest

    I had read an earlier thread that said the cleat tips were prone to breakage and that they were
    being replaced. I've also read that they squeak, but so do Looks, so I'm not concerned. Did you hear
    anything different. I have a set on order, so I'd like to know. Thanks.

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > On the new shimano pedal..anybody heard of any 'issues' with the cleats??
    >
    > Heard one from Euro-Asia and seeing if anybody has 'heard' anything...
    >
    > Andy, MikeJ, Sheldon??

  4. Peter: We got a registered letter from Shimano telling us about an issue with the cleats (not
    specific about what the issue was), and have received new cleats to replace them with. We've
    informed customers who we've sold the pedals to bring their shoes in so we can swap out the cleats
    (Shimano is sending us some new ones, and in the meantime, we stole some from the latest batch of
    pedals, which already came with them).

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReaction.com

    > On the new shimano pedal..anybody heard of any 'issues' with the cleats??
    >
    > Heard one from Euro-Asia and seeing if anybody has 'heard' anything...
    >
    > Andy, MikeJ, Sheldon??

  5. garry-<< I just received a registered letter that has a recall notice on the first SL cleats .

    Thank you-If I would have said the 'R' word with shimano, some would call me a rabble rouser or
    worse, trying to slam shimano(again)...

    << They have a # to call to get an RA to send in the bad cleats and when they get them back they
    will ship you new ones.

    << It only effects the first shipment of Dura-Ace SL pedals. Call Shimano to see if you got any of
    the shipmants effected.

    which woukd include those from Sinclair, I assume. Any way to ID the bad or good cleat?

    i would e-mail shimano but...ya know how that goes-