SPD-SL Pedal's Lateral Movement???

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ryan Bates, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Ryan Bates

    Ryan Bates Guest

    hi, just started riding the newer shimano spd-sl pedals.
    seems that even though my cleats are secured well in
    position on my shoes, there is still the ability for the
    cleat to slide sideways 1 or 2 centimeters. i'm not talking
    about the small amount of float, i'm talking about the
    entire cleat shifting from one side of the pedal to the
    other. i would prefer my shoes be as close to the crank arms
    as possible without touching, but once i start riding i
    notice that no matter what i do the cleats/shoe shift to the
    outsides of the pedals, leaving a several centimeter gap
    between the edge of my shoe and the crank arms, and yet it's
    not the cleats shifting on the shoe. what gives??? thanks
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Ryan Bates wrote:
    > hi, just started riding the newer shimano spd-sl pedals.
    > seems that even though my cleats are secured well in
    > position on my shoes, there is still the ability for the
    > cleat to slide sideways 1 or 2 centimeters. i'm not
    > talking about the small amount of float, i'm talking about
    > the entire cleat shifting from one side of the pedal to
    > the other. i would prefer my shoes be as close to the
    > crank arms as possible without touching, but once i start
    > riding i notice that no matter what i do the cleats/shoe
    > shift to the outsides of the pedals, leaving a several
    > centimeter gap between the edge of my shoe and the crank
    > arms, and yet it's not the cleats shifting on the shoe.
    > what gives??? thanks [email protected]

    That's strange. Mine don't so it's not a built in feature. I
    have the Ultegra model.

    --
    Perre