SPDs creaking

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alex Graham, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
    with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
    solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe likely
    to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?

    Cheers,

    -Alex

    --
    ----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Alex Graham wrote:

    > My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly

    Try the solid wax sold for waxing drawer runners and things.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  3. Graeme Dods

    Graeme Dods Guest

    Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
    > with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
    > solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
    > likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?

    It might not be from the pedal, it may be that the bolts in the shoe need tightened, I had that
    problem a while back. Then again, I'm the dosey git who hadn't thought about putting sealant in the
    rest of the shoe hole to make it waterproof until someone here suggested it, so you may be best not
    listening to me :-/

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  4. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
    > with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
    > solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
    > likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > -Alex

    Check your knee. :)

  5. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    Smudger wrote:
    > "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    >
    >>My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
    >>with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
    >>solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
    >>likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>-Alex
    >

    > Check your knee. :)

    hehe :)

    Thanks for advice everyone - I shifted the cleat forward a bit (cos that foots bigger and it wasnt
    quite in the right place anyway), and I mentioned it in the LBS yesterday and they thought the pedal
    wasnt screwed into the crank tightly enough. So its had the giant spanner treatment and not creaked
    since. Not massive time for it _to_ creak though.

    It will probably start again now I've said this :p

    -Alex