SPDs creaking

Alex Graham

Guest
My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe likely
to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?

Cheers,

-Alex

--
----------------------+ Alex Graham | [email protected] | ----------------------+

Alex Graham wrote:

> My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly

Try the solid wax sold for waxing drawer runners and things.

--
Guy
===

Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
> with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
> solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
> likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?

It might not be from the pedal, it may be that the bolts in the shoe need tightened, I had that
problem a while back. Then again, I'm the dosey git who hadn't thought about putting sealant in the
rest of the shoe hole to make it waterproof until someone here suggested it, so you may be best not
listening to me :-/

Have fun!

Graeme

"Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
> with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
> solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
> likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Alex

Check your knee. :)

Smudger wrote:
> "Alex Graham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
>>My left M515 spud keeps creaking v annoyingly - smearing grease on the surface that makes contact
>>with the cleat solves it for a day or 2, but it soon returns. Does anyone have this problem, and a
>>solution to it other than regular greasing. Is tweaking the position of the cleat on the shoe
>>likely to have any effect? Or increasing spring tension?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>-Alex
>

> Check your knee. :)

hehe :)

Thanks for advice everyone - I shifted the cleat forward a bit (cos that foots bigger and it wasnt
quite in the right place anyway), and I mentioned it in the LBS yesterday and they thought the pedal
wasnt screwed into the crank tightly enough. So its had the giant spanner treatment and not creaked
since. Not massive time for it _to_ creak though.

It will probably start again now I've said this :p

-Alex