SPD's

Peter Riley-Jordan

Guest
In an earlier post I read that if you bought SPD's you would fall
over.....and you would do it in front of friends.

Imagine if you can this senario.

Yesterday morning cycling with a friend and neighbour, who, just back from a
holiday to the states where he purchased a set of SPD's and shoes. This his
first trip to work using them. The lane we are in meets T-junction of main
road.

We slow then due to traffic stop. He forgets ... don't jump ahead, he
tumbles. The only problem was that it was into me, domino effect ensues,
making us both look pratts.

It's times like this you wish for CCTV, we could have had our few seconds of
fame.....

--
Peter

In article <[email protected]>,
"Peter Riley-Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> We slow then due to traffic stop. He forgets ... don't jump ahead, he
> tumbles. The only problem was that it was into me, domino effect ensues,
> making us both look pratts.

It's luck you weren't on a club ride - a 30-person domino effect would
have been quite something!

My own great failure with SPDs was when I forgot to tighten the cleat
bolts after putting the cleats into place on the shoes. Got on bike,
engaged pedals, reached end of road, twisted foot...

Ian
--
My email address is invalid to prevent spam.
Real contact details are on my website at http://www.drianwalker.com