Jul 30, 2003
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html

Anyone seen this one?

PiledHigher said:
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html

Anyone seen this one?

Verrryy interesting. I was partaking in some research last week about Nasu, ie: shown at Cannes 2003 but seem didn't gain a mainstream release. PhD, were your ears _smarting slightly? I've still to box your ears regarding something. :rolleyes:

*walks away whistling*

PiledHigher said:
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html

Anyone seen this one?

OK let's get the 'usual suspects' (FD's fave of all time, maybe...) out of the way first...

Breaking Away

Silverstreak

'**** KCostner (which one isnt?) move based around coors classic'

and a few other earlier classics probably bette rthan those 4 put together...

Bike movie involving animation (FD weakness) ''Triplets of Belleville'
Now that was good and no idea how this japanese version actually IS but if anyone can unleash the mystery of a Jap cyclist actually living a (secret) curiousness about riding a classic and bypass the kierin dollar(yen) then an anime (another FD weakness) has gotta be worth seeing

F"still hasnt seen 'Hell' tho"Dutch

flyingdutch wrote:
> PiledHigher Wrote:
>
>>Nasu: Summer in Andalusia
>>
>>http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html
>>
>>Anyone seen this one?

> OK let's get the 'usual suspects' (FD's fave of all time, maybe...) out
> of the way first...
>
> Breaking Away
>
> Silverstreak
>
> '**** KCostner (which one isnt?) move based around coors classic'
>
> and a few other earlier classics probably bette rthan those 4 put
> together...
>
> Bike movie involving animation (FD weakness) ''Triplets of Belleville'
> Now that was good and no idea how this japanese version actually IS but
> if anyone can unleash the mystery of a Jap cyclist actually living a
> (secret) curiousness about riding a classic and bypass the kierin
> dollar(yen) then an anime (another FD weakness) has gotta be worth
> seeing
>
> F"still hasnt seen 'Hell' tho"Dutch

also 'American Flyer' and wasn't Eliza Dushku in some Oz movies about
solar car races, does that count?

flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote:

> PiledHigher Wrote:
> > Nasu: Summer in Andalusia
> >
> > http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html
> >
> > Anyone seen this one?

> OK let's get the 'usual suspects' (FD's fave of all time, maybe...) out
> of the way first...
>
> Breaking Away
>
> Silverstreak
>
> '**** KCostner (which one isnt?) move based around coors classic'
>
> and a few other earlier classics probably bette rthan those 4 put
> together...

Vive Le Tour by Louis Malle is a great little movie about an early 1960s
tour of france. It's a doco with great cinematography. It's around in
some of the movie libraries.

Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

PiledHigher said:
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia

http://www.asianfilms.org/japan/andalusia.html

Anyone seen this one?

Finally got a copy from bittrickle, can't find it to buy. Just skipped through it quickly, looks like there is some nice animation of racing, only issue, spanish subtitles, japanese soundtrack...

flyingdutch said:
OK let's get the 'usual suspects' (FD's fave of all time, maybe...) out of the way first...

Breaking Away

Silverstreak

'**** KCostner (which one isnt?) move based around coors classic'

and a few other earlier classics probably bette rthan those 4 put together...

Bike movie involving animation (FD weakness) ''Triplets of Belleville'
Now that was good and no idea how this japanese version actually IS but if anyone can unleash the mystery of a Jap cyclist actually living a (secret) curiousness about riding a classic and bypass the kierin dollar(yen) then an anime (another FD weakness) has gotta be worth seeing

F"still hasnt seen 'Hell' tho"Dutch

Who could forget this one?

Bikesoiler said:

And in the user comments: Best movie ever.

If I was on my deathbed, and my loved ones were gathering around me, and if they asked me if there was anything I wanted to do before I died... I would reply, "Show me BMX Bandits, one last time."

A while back I found my book of this and was meaning to scan some pics, hilarious, between that and mulga bills bicycle I think I understand where the seeds of my obsession were sown.

And FYI, the IMDB is 15 years old!!

flyingdutch said:
OK let's get the 'usual suspects' (FD's fave of all time, maybe...) out of the way first...
Breaking Away

There's quite a few sites listing bike flicks and I know there's some threads within cyclingforums.com doing the same thing. Google "cycling movies".

I wanted to know if anyone has seen the new movie filmed with the CSC team?

Oh, I just did a slightly cleverer google and found it - "Overcoming":
http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1666

Halfway through 'Overcoming' it appears that Bjarne Riis, monosyllabic former Tour de France champion and management guru of Team CSC, is about to crack up. While his riders crash to the Tarmac around him and others struggle for form, Riis's expression grows even more pained. Standing bemused in a hotel room, he looks close to losing it, as one of his backroom staff implores him to smile, just a little, despite all the stress of being in contention for victory in the 2004 Tour.

Few other cycling films have captured so accurately the controlled chaos of professional bike racing, particularly on the grandest stage of all, the Tour. "This team's fate probably depends a lot on me," says Riis at one point. "But is it so terribly wrong that they become extras in my little show…?"

I like watching the cycling as much as anyone but I really dig any behind the scenes insight into the sport so this could be a good'un.

hippy