Speaking of fat, former Tour Masters

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by K. J. Papai, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Tags:

  2. Laurent

    Laurent Guest

  3. Bryan Boldt

    Bryan Boldt Guest

    Could be a "before and after" picture of Tyler too. Check back in 16 years (2019).

    Case in point from personal experience: -my racing weight 20 years ago: 148-150 lbs -sedentary
    "winter" weight 4 years ago: 185 lbs -current weight after slapping myself for being such a
    pig: 160 lbs.

    Moral: I'm still a pig, but ride lots to hide that fact. Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes
    where his mouth is... Lorica is less fattening.

    "K. J. Papai" wrote:

    > Has Roche apologized to Hamilton?
    >
    > See:
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage17/10
    >
    > (Maybe Tyler called him a fattie and it's all even now)
    >
    > -Ken

  4. Congroupdc

    Congroupdc Guest

    >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes where his mouth is.

    I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the whole thing in the big ring
    and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while talking on his cell phone. No bullshit. He's
    still got it...

  5. Bryan Boldt

    Bryan Boldt Guest

    Just a lot more of it ;)

    Congroupdc wrote:

    > >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes where his mouth is.
    >
    > I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the whole thing in the big ring
    > and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while talking on his cell phone. No bullshit. He's
    > still got it...

  6. Snjr

    Snjr Guest

    > I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
    whole
    > thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while talking on his cell
    > phone. No bullshit. He's still got it...

    Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around Colorado Springs... proving
    Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.

  7. "snjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Eddie Merckx used to accomplish similar feats in the mountains around Colorado Springs... proving
    > Sir Isaac Newton knew nothing about gravity.

    And Eddy smokes cigarettes, doesn't he?

  8. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Laurent" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Johan Bruyneel should apologized too as he said he didn"t believe Hamilton has a broken
    > collarbone, insinuating that Hamilton and Riss were big
    liars.

    Whatever. Sure... Prove Mmsl. Laurent.

    > "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Has Roche apologized to Hamilton?
    > >
    > > See:
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?id=photos/2003/tour03/stage17/10
    > >
    > > (Maybe Tyler called him a fattie and it's all even now)
    > >
    > > -Ken

  9. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Congroupdc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes where his mouth is.
    >
    > I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
    whole
    > thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while talking on his cell
    > phone. No bullshit. He's still got it...

    And you are......

    ???

  10. "Congroupdc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >Maybe Roche should put his cycling shoes where his mouth is.
    >
    > I recently rode with Roche over a 10k 6% climb. Fat or not, he did the
    whole
    > thing in the big ring and even manged to drop some Cat 2 Americans while talking on his cell
    > phone. No bullshit. He's still got it...

    Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?

    I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.

  11. > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?

    > I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.

    Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or anything.
    If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk. Hamilton does have
    palmares doesn't he?

    F.

  12. My experince after about 40 years in bike racing. Anyone who quits racing quickly gains wt. I
    laughed at fatsos who claimed to be ex racers. Then I stopped racing,,,,, OOPS . Was soon up to
    above 240. Been riding hard a year now, Even gave up drinking sweet tea ( A Big Sacrifice for a Ga.
    boy ). If I ever get below 200 again I`ll stay there if I need to live on lettuce. Racers get use to
    eating whatever. When we quit we still eat whatever. Its a hard habit to break. Besides I raced so I
    could eat. The Bear

    @ @

    ~~~

  13. "Stephen Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
    > >
    > > I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.
    > >

    > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or
    > anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk.
    > Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

    dumbass - dropping Cat 2s while talking on the cellphone is much more impressive than any of that.

  14. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Stephen Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
    > >
    > > I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.
    > >

    > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or
    > anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk.
    > Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

    Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:

    LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.

    -kjp

  15. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Stephen Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Wow, he dropped some Cat 2's?
    >>
    >> I guess that gives him license to accuse Hamilton of faking it.
    >>

    > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and

    Don't forget he won the Giro inspite of the Carerra team car deliberately running him off the road.

    > the World's in a single season or anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares
    > then he'd be able to talk. Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?

    > F.

  16. > > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or
    > > anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk.
    > > Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?
    >
    > Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:

    > LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.

    Which is precisely my point. When Tyler is old and fat he'll be remembered as a quality domestique
    who rode the Tour de France with a broken collar bone. If it wasn't for the fact that he is American
    we'd hear much less about him on here. I'm sure it'll be nice to be remembered for a fractured
    clavicle, much nicer to be remembered for winning something.

    F.

  17. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Stephen Ferguson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or
    > > > anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk.
    > > > Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?
    > >
    > > Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:
    >
    > > LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.
    >
    > Which is precisely my point. When Tyler is old and fat he'll be remembered as a quality domestique
    > who rode the Tour de France with a broken collar bone. If it wasn't for the fact that he is
    > American we'd hear much less about him on here. I'm sure it'll be nice to be remembered for a
    > fractured clavicle, much nicer to be remembered for winning something.

    Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't win anything.

    -WG

  18. How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

    F.

    > Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't win anything.
    >
    > -WG

  19. Warren

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > How many yellow jerseys has Hamilton worn?

    Strange way to measure success considering all the low-level pros who have worn that jersey for
    a few days.

    -WG

    > F.
    >
    > > Unlike the riders from the UK who do not have injuries but still can't win anything.
    > >
    > > -WG

  20. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "Stephen Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Yeah, because its not like he won the Giro, the Tour and the World's in a single season or
    > > > anything. If only he could match up to Tyler Hamilton's palmares then he'd be able to talk.
    > > > Hamilton does have palmares doesn't he?
    > >
    > > Of course Hamilton has Elite, World Class pro palmares:
    >
    > > LBL, Giro 2nd, Tour stage win are the first most obvious ones.
    >
    > Which is precisely my point. When Tyler is old and fat he'll be remembered as a quality domestique
    > who rode the Tour de France

    He'll never be as fat as Roche is!! My god!

    What's your problem with Tyler anyway? How jealous are you actually?