Speaking of "TSTWKT"

acoggan

Jul 4, 2003
Saw this in a flyer I just got via email:

"My coach Frank and I have been using TSTWKT to win a couple NRC races this year, plus the overall at the Valley of the Sun. Knowing my training load at any point in the season has been instrumental for deciding when to train hard, and when to rest, so that I can race consistently and peak for my target events," explained Tom Zirbel of the Priority Health Professional Cycling Team."

(BTW, Tom "Thor" Zirbel is my hot tip for the first US national pro ITT later this year...if some other "TSTWKT" user doesn't beat him!)

acoggan said:
Saw this in a flyer I just got via email:

"My coach Frank and I have been using TSTWKT to win a couple NRC races this year, plus the overall at the Valley of the Sun. Knowing my training load at any point in the season has been instrumental for deciding when to train hard, and when to rest, so that I can race consistently and peak for my target events," explained Tom Zirbel of the Priority Health Professional Cycling Team."

(BTW, Tom "Thor" Zirbel is my hot tip for the first US national pro ITT later this year...if some other "TSTWKT" user doesn't beat him!)

To learn more and if you're in the New York City area goto http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=3647

or http://www.boohermedia.com/Power/

Sorry to be the Claud in the room, but what is TSTWKT? What makes it so special?

The shnizzle that will kill them.

The Performance Manager that you can work out from using power training data or conviently in the TrainingPeaks software.

It came out last year and applied retrospectely to my power data from the last three years I can see just where I have gone wrong with my training.

And safe to safe to say if I was going 40% better this is what I would use to prove it:)

I was making good use of my Performance Manager earlier this year until I had a bad run-in with TSTWKT (namely, an inattentive driver in a pickup truck).

Now, my CTL is sitting firmly in single-digits.

frenchyge said:
I was making good use of my Performance Manager earlier this year until I had a bad run-in with TSTWKT (namely, an inattentive driver in a pickup truck).

Bummer Frenchyge, I hadn't heard that news. What's the damage and when do you expect to be back on the bike?

Get well,
-Dave

Thats the fool that will kill you!

"TFTWKY"

Here in Christchurch it's either ignorant drivers or aggressive riders. Over our winter I'm camping out on my trainer even though it's warm enough to ride after work.

But it's all good seeing I have my power meter and TrainingPeaks to keep a track of my training.

frenchyge said:

Bummer! :( And to think that you were about to beat me for that 1000th Cat.3 spot. ;) Maybe you still will, since I haven't ridden outside in almost 3 months. :mad:

Stay positive... :):):):):):):)

frenchyge said:

Thats sucks. Believe me I know!!;)

But you'll get out of single digit territory. Look at where I am. A CTL of 15 !!

2008-07-04_PMC.png

lnyndhlp said:
Sorry to be the Claud in the room, but what is TSTWKT? What makes it so special?
Tyson Starts The Week Killing Time - itching to get going with the first L4 workout! ;) Tyson

Alex Simmons said:
Thats sucks. Believe me I know!!;)

But you'll get out of single digit territory. Look at where I am. A CTL of 15 !!
Thanks for the support and encouragement guys. The story is here, for those who are interested.

Alex, I'm not even going to try to compare my troubles with yours. Somehow I avoided any broken bones or surgery, and through vigorous physical therapy I am already back on the bike after about 8 weeks.

It's taken the air out of my season, for sure, but I'll be back. I only wish we could all be so lucky.

frenchyge said:
Thanks for the support and encouragement guys. The story is here, for those who are interested.

Alex, I'm not even going to try to compare my troubles with yours. Somehow I avoided any broken bones or surgery, and through vigorous physical therapy I am already back on the bike after about 8 weeks.

It's taken the air out of my season, for sure, but I'll be back. I only wish we could all be so lucky.
Well, I raced in 2007 and I still reckon there's a chance I can manage a race in 2008.

Hang in there dude.