SPECIAL PRESENTATION: Andy Coggan and Hunter Allen 2-part-Webinar, Dec. 3rd and 9th!

Hunter w/kg

Jul 4, 2003
The Good Doctor Coggan has agreed to a Webinar on "The Physiology Behind Power-based Training". It's hard to get the Good Doctor out for a webinar and I have finally convinced him to do one this winter!
You'll definitely want to attend it! There has been many requests from these groups and others on the "Ex-Fizz" side of Training with Power. Learn from the man that practically invented power training!

It's a Two part webinar where Dr. Andrew R. Coggan will teach the first one on Dec. 3rd at 8pm EST, and I (Hunter Allen) will teach the 2nd one on Dec. 9th. 8pm EST. Each webinar will be an 1.5 hour
presentation and then 30 minutes Q & A session afterward.

My webinar will be on - "The Practical Application of Power Training Principles". I will take you from start to finish with "Tommy Torque" , collecting his data, analyzing it, figuring out strengths
and weaknesses, developing goals based on his time constraints and building a training plan based on TSS! It will take all the principles Coggan teaches you about and put them into action.

Dates/Time doesn't work for you? Don't worry...both these webinars will be recorded and available for download for all customers afterward to
review at their leisure, or they can be purchased later as well.

Current monthly subscribers to my webinars will get these SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS at 50% off.
http://www.peakscoachinggroup.com/power/power_training_webinars.html

Hunter Allen

Hunter w/kg said:
The Good Doctor Coggan has agreed to a Webinar on "The Physiology Behind Power-based Training". It's hard to get the Good Doctor out for a webinar and I have finally convinced him to do one this winter!
You'll definitely want to attend it! There has been many requests from these groups and others on the "Ex-Fizz" side of Training with Power. Learn from the man that practically invented power training!

It's a Two part webinar where Dr. Andrew R. Coggan will teach the first one on Dec. 3rd at 8pm EST, and I (Hunter Allen) will teach the 2nd one on Dec. 9th. 8pm EST. Each webinar will be an 1.5 hour
presentation and then 30 minutes Q & A session afterward.

My webinar will be on - "The Practical Application of Power Training Principles". I will take you from start to finish with "Tommy Torque" , collecting his data, analyzing it, figuring out strengths
and weaknesses, developing goals based on his time constraints and building a training plan based on TSS! It will take all the principles Coggan teaches you about and put them into action.

Dates/Time doesn't work for you? Don't worry...both these webinars will be recorded and available for download for all customers afterward to
review at their leisure, or they can be purchased later as well.

Current monthly subscribers to my webinars will get these SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS at 50% off.

Hunter Allen
Sounds great... but alas like many West Coast folk I'll be in rush hour comute rather than at home at 5pm (8pm EST). Any plans to run this one at a different time at a later date?

swampy1970 said:
Sounds great... but alas like many West Coast folk I'll be in rush hour comute rather than at home at 5pm (8pm EST). Any plans to run this one at a different time at a later date?

EACH Webinar is recorded and paid attendees will be able to download and watch the webinar the next day at their leisure. That's a great value-add of these, in that you can review things over and over, or if the time and date just doesn't work for you, then you can watch it anytime on your own!

Hunter

SPECIAL PRESENTATION: Dr. Coggan and Hunter Allen- Ex -Fizz of power training and practical application of power training!

This is farken horse **** Hunter. If you want to promote your company farken buy some advertising.

Geoff Vadar said:
This is farken horse **** Hunter. If you want to promote your company farken buy some advertising.
On this forum, news and items relating to training and racing with a power meter are more than acceptable.

If you want to abuse people, go practice in front of a mirror. This is not the place.

Geoff Vadar said:
I guess you don't have enough of your usual *****in' about Lance to spout today in other parts of the forum...

Alex Simmons said:
On this forum, news and items relating to training and racing with a power meter are more than acceptable.

If you want to abuse people, go practice in front of a mirror. This is not the place.
Get stuffed Alex. That's rubbish. Its not a community service notice and its not news. Its a direct and blatant commercial plug. From someone who should know better.

He is exceptional at protecting his own commercial interests (copyrighting - by world standards - of dubious technical terms) but he has no dramas taking advantage of the cyclingforums community without appropriate commercial considerations for the privilege.

I have no dramas with spruiking in your signature (which is where the notice of the webinar should have be included). That way regular contributors to the forum by extension of their posting participation enjoy the privilege of freely advertising their widgets. That is fair and reasonable.

I would be far more sympathetic if it was Andy Coggan directly posting or DR or yourself or anyone else who regularly invests time in the online community (even then if you are running webinars then I'd argue putting notice in your own forum signature would be more appropriate). This sounds like a direct and blatant plug for cyclingpeaks software rather than 'ground breaking news on how to train with power'.

I do not see cyclingnews.com reporting the news of Hunter's webinars???

It is utterly inappropriate for such a successful cash cow to use the forum for commercial gains. ESPECIALLY when the forum could use some income to help sort out the various issues it has.

For me this is far worse than the other trolling spammers because it is highly targeted spam.

I have absolutely no vested interest at all. Hell I'm a satisfied customer of cyclingpeaks. But I will always protect editorial integrity of any publication - online or otherwise. If you have a vested interest in the sale of his software then thats a relationship you may wish to publicly clarify given your stance. That is up to you.

For me this thread is going too far and an abuse of the forum by someone who should know better. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

When I saw your post GV I went looking for the rules that govern this forum. From what I can tell there are no rules.

While you don't like someone marketing their services on this forum, I appreciate the occasional marketing pitch, and feel I'm more than able to make a decision as to whether I want to sign up or not.

So why not let each individual make their own choice when it comes to these kinds of offers? Just a thought.

gene r

Geoff Vadar said:
Get stuffed Alex.
I've just had lunch, so I'm pretty stuffed already thanks.

Geoff Vadar said:
It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.
As am I.

Be sure to let us know when you are writing/presenting something constructive about training and racing with a power meter.

I'm just p'd I couldn't make the presentation. Hunter sometimes makes them available for download (for a fee), might need to check if it's available. As always it is good to get to hear what the good Dr Coggan has to say on the subject matter at hand.

Alex Simmons said:
...I'm just p'd I couldn't make the presentation. ... As always it is good to get to hear what the good Dr Coggan has to say on the subject matter at hand.
Let me summarize:

"It's an aerobic sport, dammit!"
"The best predictor of performance is performance itself."
"Training is testing, testing is training."
"The Anaerobic Threshold is neither."
"Specificity, specificity, specificity . . ."
"Lydiard got it right"
"Alls you can do is alls you can do."
"At some point, you have to increase the power"
"The more you train, the more you can train."

Well, that was the gist of it anyway all couched in some ex-phys mumbo jumbo :D

Seriously both sessions were quite good and I'm pretty sure you can purchase copies of the slides from Hunter.

-Dave

daveryanwyoming said:
Let me summarize:

"It's an aerobic sport, dammit!"
"The best predictor of performance is performance itself."
"Training is testing, testing is training."
"The Anaerobic Threshold is neither."
"Specificity, specificity, specificity . . ."
"Lydiard got it right"
"Alls you can do is alls you can do."
"At some point, you have to increase the power"
"The more you train, the more you can train."

Well, that was the gist of it anyway all couched in some ex-phys mumbo jumbo :D

Seriously both sessions were quite good and I'm pretty sure you can purchase copies of the slides from Hunter.

-Dave
LOL

Geoff Vadar said:
If you have a vested interest in the sale of his software then thats a relationship you may wish to publicly clarify given your stance. That is up to you.
I just noticed this bit. I was probably too busy getting stuffed to realise it was there before. :p

I have no vested interest in the sale of Hunter's software. My disclosures are:

I was a beta tester for what is now known as the Performance Manager within WKO+. That is already public knowledge.

I use WKO+ software, as do many of my clients. That is public knowledge.

I paid for my copy of WKO+, its predecessor and major upgrades as they happened. I'm not sure if that is public knowledge. It is now though.

Hunter donated five copies of WKO+ (to go along with a donation of five copies of book Training and Racing with a Power Meter from Andy Coggan) which were auctioned at a benefit night to raise funds to help me obtain a custom designed prosthetic cycling leg. This is also public knowledge.

If the above has coloured my lenses, so be it.

I also know that Hunter and Andy have probably contributed more free information to the public domain about training and racing with a power meter than just about anyone else.

Geoff Vadar said:
Get stuffed Alex. That's rubbish. Its not a community service notice and its not news. Its a direct and blatant commercial plug. From someone who should know better.

He is exceptional at protecting his own commercial interests (copyrighting - by world standards - of dubious technical terms) but he has no dramas taking advantage of the cyclingforums community without appropriate commercial considerations for the privilege.

I have no dramas with spruiking in your signature (which is where the notice of the webinar should have be included). That way regular contributors to the forum by extension of their posting participation enjoy the privilege of freely advertising their widgets. That is fair and reasonable.

I would be far more sympathetic if it was Andy Coggan directly posting or DR or yourself or anyone else who regularly invests time in the online community (even then if you are running webinars then I'd argue putting notice in your own forum signature would be more appropriate). This sounds like a direct and blatant plug for cyclingpeaks software rather than 'ground breaking news on how to train with power'.

I do not see cyclingnews.com reporting the news of Hunter's webinars???

It is utterly inappropriate for such a successful cash cow to use the forum for commercial gains. ESPECIALLY when the forum could use some income to help sort out the various issues it has.

For me this is far worse than the other trolling spammers because it is highly targeted spam.

I have absolutely no vested interest at all. Hell I'm a satisfied customer of cyclingpeaks. But I will always protect editorial integrity of any publication - online or otherwise. If you have a vested interest in the sale of his software then thats a relationship you may wish to publicly clarify given your stance. That is up to you.

For me this thread is going too far and an abuse of the forum by someone who should know better. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Either you were dropped on your head as a child or you're just a bitter, bitter man.

What happened? Did you, White Boy Trash and Poulidor run out of ways to ruin the entire Grand Tours forum so you thought you'd take a look overhere and spread the bitterness?

This, correct me if I'm wrong, is a free internet forum. It's a place for discussion. If someone has a some info they want to spread the love with then fine - you read the post and if you think you might like it you pays your money (maybe an investment in time taken to read it or as in this case actual $'s), if you don't like it... well you move on.

Now, if this was a members only via paid subscription and there were terms and conditions against this type of thing then yeah, it'd be out of order.

swampy1970 said:
Either you were dropped on your head as a child or you're just a bitter, bitter man.

What happened? Did you, White Boy Trash and Poulidor run out of ways to ruin the entire Grand Tours forum so you thought you'd take a look overhere and spread the bitterness?

This, correct me if I'm wrong, is a free internet forum. It's a place for discussion. If someone has a some info they want to spread the love with then fine - you read the post and if you think you might like it you pays your money (maybe an investment in time taken to read it or as in this case actual $'s), if you don't like it... well you move on.

Now, if this was a members only via paid subscription and there were terms and conditions against this type of thing then yeah, it'd be out of order.
LOL. You idiot. I'd smash you on the bike. Anyway its not an issue of being bitter its about fair mindedness. For small enterprises/businesses/stand alone coaches I dont have an issue being fed their ideas/value propositions/product announcements. They need these sorts of communication channels.

Larger corporations with significant turnover should NOT use forums to spam targeted consumers. Its about not taking advantage of people. We would all like this forum to continue and we would all like this forum to improve.

People like Hunter and the company he represents should pay a nominal amount to help get the website fixed if he wishes to only come here to promote his widgits. I have nothing against him or Coggan - I would be the same with any company of relative scale.

Make no mistake I am right. Put up some cash to advertise in the appropriate channel else use your forum signature to advertise your widgits but DO NOT start threads trying to sell people. It is taking advantage of people.

This forum deserves to earn at least enough money to be maintained.

Well, I guess we can no longer complain if Frank Day continues spamming us about his products.

i am glad Mr. Allen & Mr. Coggan post threads showing their seminars. I don't frequent their website often, so I would not find out about them otherwise.

And their posts are FAR FAR from spam..........anyone who has been on this forum for very long has seen first hand what real spam is all about....remember the sh*tball who was peddling Air Jordans ??

And just take a look at other forums on this site (e.g., Grand Tours) and see the spam that is being posted that takes away from some of the interesting discourse that occasionally goes on there. I rarely check that forum anymore because of some f*cker who is reposting **** from two years ago.

So thank you for providing YOUR opinion on what is spam. We were nice enough to read yours...........sorry if my opinion differs.

And frankly, I would welcome other companies who would drop a hint of their power specific cycling related programs.

Geoff Vadar said:
LOL. You idiot. I'd smash you on the bike. Anyway its not an issue of being bitter its about fair mindedness. For small enterprises/businesses/stand alone coaches I dont have an issue being fed their ideas/value propositions/product announcements. They need these sorts of communication channels.

Larger corporations with significant turnover should NOT use forums to spam targeted consumers. Its about not taking advantage of people. We would all like this forum to continue and we would all like this forum to improve.

People like Hunter and the company he represents should pay a nominal amount to help get the website fixed if he wishes to only come here to promote his widgits. I have nothing against him or Coggan - I would be the same with any company of relative scale.

Make no mistake I am right. Put up some cash to advertise in the appropriate channel else use your forum signature to advertise your widgits but DO NOT start threads trying to sell people. It is taking advantage of people.

Geoff Vadar said:
The owners are eagerly awaiting your donation. :p

And by the way, AFAIK Hunter had permission from the forum moderator and sponsor.

Alex Simmons said:
The owners are eagerly awaiting your donation. :p

And by the way, AFAIK Hunter had permission from the forum moderator and sponsor.
My comedy genius is priceless. :p