Specialized Armadillo tyres

mcrowe

May 10, 2007
Does anyone know where I can buy Specialized Armadillo tyres (26 inches)around Melbourne areas? I was told this make is bullet-proof, regarding to punctures. I had 3 puntures last month - very bad.

Thanks

Specialized dealers like TFM (The Freedom Machine), Total Rush, Fitzroy Cycles, Hampton Bicycles.

Thanks. I tried Fitzroy Cycles two weeks ago but they are out of stock. I haven't tried the others yet but will do. Just wondering whether Armadillo tyres are not very common in Melbourne.

JeremyP said:
Specialized dealers like TFM (The Freedom Machine), Total Rush, Fitzroy Cycles, Hampton Bicycles.

I've found specialized tyres hard to get. I wanted all terrain pros (25mm) the same as those that came on my bike and no-one had them.

rdk said:
I've found specialized tyres hard to get. I wanted all terrain pros (25mm) the same as those that came on my bike and no-one had them.
I've found them hard to ride. Schwalbe Marathon Plus is much better.

I actually replaced them with GP4000s from our favourite PBK.

Hard to get here as well to, my shop only sells them in 28c. I used Continental Gatorskins now.

rdk said:
I actually replaced them with GP4000s from our favourite PBK.
GP4000s don't come in mountain bike size, or do they? And they are expensive ($$$$$). Is it true that Armadillo tyres are hard to ride? I want tyres with very good puncture proof.