Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Specialized Bicycle Warranty

Started by Robert Hann · · Last activity · 2 posts · 3,781 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 October 2004
Last activity
9 October 2004
Original author
Robert Hann
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,781
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was looking at the Specialized Bicycle website today and under the general bicycle manual section under tech it says that the Specialized Bicycle frame warranty is lifetime for steel frames and only 5 years for aluminum or composit frames.

    I was under the impression that Specialized offered a lifetime warrenty on all frames. What gives??????

  2. Robert Hann said:

    I was looking at the Specialized Bicycle website today and under the general bicycle manual section under tech it says that the Specialized Bicycle frame warranty is lifetime for steel frames and only 5 years for aluminum or composit frames.

    I was under the impression that Specialized offered a lifetime warrenty on all frames. What gives??????

    All of the "lifetime" warranties I've seen only cover defects in materials and workmanship. They exclude fatigue, wearout, or "wear and tear". Check the Specialized warranty for these exclusions.

    If the 5 year warranty covers fatigue breakage or wearout of the frame, it's actually a good warranty. I'd think an aluminum or composite frame is more likely to get racing use than a steel frame these days, including high-miles hammering, sprinting, and crashes. Manufacturers can't leave themselves open to a lifetime of free replacements to racers...unless they charge all buyers for it in the price up front.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.