Specialized bikes, crap or what?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tj Poseno, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Tj Poseno

    Tj Poseno Guest

    Looking into buying a Spcialized bike, they seem fairly priced, and im coming off a ROADMASTER (SICK
    OF SHIT) so what do they have that is cheap, dual suspension, and not crap.

    Tags:

  2. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "TJ Poseno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking into buying a Spcialized bike, they seem fairly priced, and im coming off a ROADMASTER
    > (SICK OF SHIT) so what do they have that is cheap, dual suspension, and not crap.

    Cheap, dual suspension that's not crap?? That's a non-sequiteur. Good dual suspension bikes are not
    cheap. Count on $1000 minimum. Specialized make pretty fair bikes, for what it's worth. What's your
    definition of cheap?

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  3. Tbgibb

    Tbgibb Guest

    >Looking into buying a Spcialized bike, they seem fairly priced, and im coming off a ROADMASTER
    >(SICK OF SHIT) so what do they have that is cheap, dual suspension, and not crap.

    They have been in business for a long time and make a wide range of bikes. I've got a couple
    of thier bikes, one road one mtb, and I am happy with both of them. I would not hesitate
    buying another.
    --------------
    Alex

  5. Kinkycowboy

    Kinkycowboy Guest

    On 13 Apr 2003 16:44:52 -0700, [email protected] (TJ Poseno) wrote:

    >Looking into buying a Spcialized bike, they seem fairly priced, and im coming off a ROADMASTER
    >(SICK OF SHIT) so what do they have that is cheap, dual suspension, and not crap.

    For the money, Enduros and BigHits could fairly be described as cheap, dual suspension and not crap,
    whereas Epics aren't such great value.

    Kinky Cowboy

    *Your milage may vary Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts.

  6. Tj Poseno

    Tj Poseno Guest

    "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "TJ Poseno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Looking into buying a Spcialized bike, they seem fairly priced, and im coming off a ROADMASTER
    > > (SICK OF SHIT) so what do they have that is cheap, dual suspension, and not crap.
    >
    > Cheap, dual suspension that's not crap?? That's a non-sequiteur. Good dual suspension bikes are
    > not cheap. Count on $1000 minimum. Specialized make pretty fair bikes, for what it's worth. What's
    > your definition of cheap?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Scott..

    What i mean is, ive always been on wal mart bikes, so anything is better, i was jsut asking if the
    specialized bikes are going to last, or are they just junk.

  7. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "TJ Poseno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "S. Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Cheap, dual suspension that's not crap?? That's a non-sequiteur. Good
    dual
    > > suspension bikes are not cheap. Count on $1000 minimum. Specialized
    make
    > > pretty fair bikes, for what it's worth. What's your definition of
    cheap?

    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Scott..
    >
    > What i mean is, ive always been on wal mart bikes, so anything is better, i was jsut asking if the
    > specialized bikes are going to last, or are they just junk.

    No, Specialized are good bikes generally, in the upper range of quality. You'll be quite happy
    with one I suspect. Price-wise though, you'll have to spend some bucks to get one. We used to sell
    Specialized and I came very close to buying an M2 hardtail..I rode a few of them and I really
    liked the bike. It suited my style and fit. Try a few and make sure you get the right size and you
    won't be disappointed. Keep in mind though, if you do 6' drops and you're clumsy, any bike will
    explode!! ;-)

    Cheers,

    Scott..