Specialized Crosstrail range???????

ILM said:
Hi

does anyone know much about this style of bike...........

http://www.dalescycles.com/2009_Specialized_Crosstrail_sport_p/09crosstrailspt.htm

I've had enough of shocking cycle roads buckling my tyres on my Giant road bike so thought this approach might work. 700 size wheels with front suspension.
FWIW. I don't know anything about the particular bike, but I'm actually a big fan of 'hybrid' bikes because they will accommodate almost any 700c tire ...

The less expensive parts can be replaced if-and-when they wear out -- maintenance & proper adjustment go a LONG way to making any component last longer -- most of Shimano's inexpensive components are as functional as their more expensive components ... the difference (beyond cost) is mostly in the material choice (hence, weight difference) & finish.

I will say that if I did buy that bike, I would probably change the front fork to a solid fork at some point in the future ... and, I (personally) would probably put some road bars on at some point in the future, too, just because I haven't quite embraced flat bars on non-MTBs.

ILM said:
Hi

does anyone know much about this style of bike...........
Haven't done any serious riding on one but I have sprinted a few around the parking lot. It's a simple bike but I'm very impressed with its overall responsiveness and practicality. It's like Specialized found out what people really use a Hardrock or Trek 3900 for and designed a bike for that. Or you can think of it as a 29'er Hardrock with faster tires--just the ticket for casual commuting, running errands, and cruising dirt roads and cinder paths. Loaded with panniers, stronger wheels, and camping gear, this bike could be just the ticket for a cycle camping tour to Alaska.

Last fall we couldn't keep them on the sales floor for more than a few days, especially the women's Ariel version.