Specialized Enduro frame for Freeride???

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Lang

The bike is dead, long live the bike...

I've been riding a 2001 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, which I've beefed up with some 'zocci Bomber Z1
Freeride 5" forks, a heavy duty spring in the rear suspension and some burly rims and 2.35 tires.
I've been riding it as a liteweight freeride - plenty of trail riding and hill climbing, but riding
hard with smaller jumps and 3-4' dropoffs on the way down.

But alas, my bike mechanic has reported that my frame is on the way out, several cracks forming, and
shipped it off to Specialized to see if they'll do a frame replacement. If they come to the party
I'd like to take the opportunity to do an upgrade, and I'm wondering which way to go.

I think that a Big Hit is more frame than I need, plus I'd rather not have to buy a new back wheel
(the Big Hits run 24" on the back), but I'm wondering if an Enduro is going to be up to the abuse
I'm handing out.

I'm about 88kg/190'

Any opinions?????

Tricky

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> The bike is dead, long live the bike...
>
> I've been riding a 2001 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, which I've beefed up with some 'zocci Bomber
> Z1 Freeride 5" forks, a heavy duty spring in the rear suspension and some burly rims and 2.35
> tires. I've been riding it as a liteweight freeride - plenty of trail riding and hill climbing,
> but riding hard with smaller jumps and 3-4' dropoffs on the way down.
>
> But alas, my bike mechanic has reported that my frame is on the way out, several cracks forming,
> and shipped it off to Specialized to see if they'll do a frame replacement. If they come to the
> party I'd like to take the opportunity to do an upgrade, and I'm wondering which way to go.
>
> I think that a Big Hit is more frame than I need, plus I'd rather not have to buy a new back wheel
> (the Big Hits run 24" on the back), but I'm wondering if an Enduro is going to be up to the abuse
> I'm handing out.
>
> I'm about 88kg/190'
>
> Any opinions?????
>
> Tricky
>

Get an Enduro SX frame.
--

Status
Not open for further replies.