Specialized Hardrock Comp vs Cannondale F300

Sailh2o

Guest
I am trying to get back into biking and using the summer clearance sale to get a new bike. Its
getting close to two bikes both 2003 models Specialized "Hardrock" Comp or Cannondale "F300".
Considering both cost and ride the same, is one better then the other?

"Sailh2o" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am trying to get back into biking and using the summer clearance sale to get a new bike. Its
> getting close to two bikes both 2003 models Specialized "Hardrock" Comp or Cannondale "F300".
> Considering both cost and ride the same, is one better then the other?

Yes. The one you'll ride more.

Bill "seriously" S.

> I am trying to get back into biking and using the summer clearance sale to get a new bike. Its
> getting close to two bikes both 2003 models Specialized "Hardrock" Comp or Cannondale "F300".
> Considering both cost and ride the same, is one better then the other?

You just posted essentially the same question three days ago. What more do you want from us?

-John Morgan

Sailh2o wrote:
> I am trying to get back into biking and using the summer clearance sale to get a new bike. Its
> getting close to two bikes both 2003 models Specialized "Hardrock" Comp or Cannondale "F300".
> Considering both cost and ride the same, is one better then the other?

They're both decent bikes. The one that fits you the best and that you feel the most comfortable on
-- and those being equal, the one with the most responsive dealer.

David

> You just posted essentially the same question three days ago. What more do you want from us?
>
> -John Morgan

I truly appreciate the response from to my latest posting comparing Specialized and Gary Fisher. A
better a way for me to restate my question would be this. Any recommendations and experiences with
Cannondale bikes especially with the F300?

Sailh2o wrote:

>>You just posted essentially the same question three days ago. What more do you want from us?
>>
>>-John Morgan
>

> I truly appreciate the response from to my latest posting comparing Specialized and Gary Fisher. A
> better a way for me to restate my question would be this. Any recommendations and experiences with
> Cannondale bikes especially with the F300?

I like CD alot. Had a great experience with an F1000 which I put over 13k miles on and now a
Jekyll (custom - 700 frame, with my parts and lefty fork) which I've already put at least that
many miles on.

I cracked the Jekyll frame at the seatpost joint. My LBS pointed out that I abused it: it was too
small for me so I had a very long setback seatpost and for a while I ran seatpost rack sometimes
with 40+ lbs on
it :). BUT, they replaced it without balking, with the correct size frame (actually, they replaced
it THEN pointed out the rest :)).

David