specialized Hardrock Sport (shimano disc brake)

motorex259

Sep 21, 2006
dose anyone know if the specialized Hardrock sport disc is a good bike? im most likely to use it for going to school(2.2mi), park, and/or ANY where where there isn't any flat surface.

oh and i want to install 203mm disc brakes to it too, should i put it on the front or on the rear? if i put it on the front, my stupid friend will flip over more than ever.....
and if i put it on the rear. its gonna do power slides, and my other friend will "drift" (powerslide) im around 145lb and always shifts my weight depending on what condition and how the elevation changes.

hardrock is a good starter bike; save the 203 for your future, though -- standard disc will have plenty of stop for you. put that cash into better pads and MARVEL at the difference. also -- SQUEEZE the levers, don't yank -- that's where most endo's come from. (don't ask my nephew, though -- his last endo came from a picnic table; watching volleyball instead of his path)

i finally got it, im so exited, this is the first "expensive bike" i ever got cuz my parents i ride my "now broken" bikes like if they were DH.....lol.... now im looking for disc brakes and a new seat, seat hurts.... and since i have disc brakes, i can ride my bike to school even when its raining(note:need to bring rag to make sure it dosent rust....) i really want 203mm disc brakes i have a weird feeling my friend is gonna aske me to hook up a mini-trailer behind my bike......

noob's disc brake "wrongs" (that i did)

1. touch the disc brake when i was done riding for an hour(really hot)
2. slam the rear and didnt even try to do a drift(my body: skid, skid, skid...)
3. try to jump a fence.... (free repair at LBS for first 30 days:) )

what gave you the idea something will rust? frame & wheels are aluminum (no rust), the only steel that may rust would be inside the allen heads of bolts!

free repair at lbs DOES NOT INCLUDE FIXING ABUSE FROM STUPID ACTS!!!!!!!!

skidding on streets or urban areas is one thing -- NEVER SKID WHEN TRAIL RIDING -- THAT'S HOW WE ALL LOSE TRAIL ACCESS!!!!!!!

uh... my friend left a specialized s-works suspention bike out in the rain for 2 months and it got rust everywhere........... that was about to be given to me.... till i saw rusttttt... and when i ment fence i ment front wheel out of TRUE
OH and i dont live near any trails, even if i get to a trail, i would have a fear of my equiptment failing while im riding

oh and the stock seat of the hardrock hurts.