Specialized Hardrock Sport - Which frame size to choose.

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by atfos, May 20, 2011.

1. atfos

atfos New Member

Hello, I need help in deciding which frame size to choose. I am 6'4'' (193 cm) high and 115 kg (pretty heavy) and want to buy Hardrock Sport, but don't know if I should get XL (21 inch) or XXL (23 inch). There is another problem, when I ride my current bike (old Muddy Fox) which was wrong size from the start (too small) my fingers get numb and once they were like that for months (after a long ride). So, it is important for me that I do not put too much weight on my hands when riding, but to be in a more upright position. I have almost decided to buy XXL, however I am afraid it is not going to be right.

PS. I know the first thing you will think go and try both bikes before you buy, but I cannot. I do not live near any cycle shop selling these kind of bikes so I have to order it online. Thank you.

Tags:

2. arporscheman

arporscheman New Member

Why not just try a different bike that is the same size and similar in setup if possible?

3. atfos

atfos New Member

Unfortunately nothing available where I live, there are bikes but only L (19). I almost decided to go for xxl, and hope it will be fine. Thanks for reply.

4. arporscheman

arporscheman New Member

From what I have read on other bikes an XXL would be ideal for people at least 6'4". So I would think the XXL would be good but all people/bikes are different.