Specialized hybrid bike (which one?)

benw87

Mar 30, 2012
Hello. I am wanting to buy a new bike. I am mostly on the roads (most nights) but like to go off road most weekends. I have been looking at a few of the Specialized biked. These being the following: Sirrus Sport (Hybrid) £450 Vita Sport (Hybrid) £450 Crosstrail sport disc (Hybrid) £500 Hardrock sport disc (MTB) £450 http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/bikes/

Based on research so far I am leaning towards the Sirrus Sport!
I am 6 foot 3 and quite heavy but am losing weight. I think it is important that the bike rides nicely on the road as I do more of that but need something to be robust when off roading. Budget is £500 max. Thanks in advance

Hi Ben and welcome!

If you have the chance to do so I would recommend that you go to a local bike shop and test ride each of those bikes.

It sounds like you have narrowed down a selection of bikes based on how you intend to use the bike, and bikes that are in your budget range.

That's a great start. Now go test ride those bikes to see which bike(s) feel the best to you.

Hi Ben,
I can be really confusing when your reseaching on which one to buy. I'm in the same situation. I find it best to go & ride them as one may not be comfortable or to your liking as the other.
If price is what it comes down to them I would pay the extra $ to have quality parts.