UK and Europe · Public discussion

Specialized Langster tyre options

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 759 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
31 January 2008
Last activity
1 February 2008
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
759
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a 2007 Langster S/s and am running the stock Mondo 700c x 23
    tyres. I was wondering if there was a better option whether a
    different brand or even going up to a 700c x 25 (which I think is just
    about possible, still keeping quick-fit RaceBlades) Any thoughts? It's
    not that I am unhappy with the tyres the bike came with, it's just
    that I want to get the most out of the bike. I ride on a mainly flat
    seafront commute into Brighton on decent enough cycle paths.
    Bill

  2. Quoted message said:

    I have a 2007 Langster S/s and am running the stock Mondo 700c x 23
    tyres. I was wondering if there was a better option whether a
    different brand or even going up to a 700c x 25 (which I think is just
    about possible, still keeping quick-fit RaceBlades) Any thoughts? It's
    not that I am unhappy with the tyres the bike came with, it's just
    that I want to get the most out of the bike. I ride on a mainly flat
    seafront commute into Brighton on decent enough cycle paths.

    25s are more comfortable and longer-lasting than 23s for general cycling,
    and actually are faster on all but the smoothest surfaces. So I'd recommend
    upsizing as long as there's enough clearance in the frame.

    Have a look at Vittoria Rubino Pro.

    ~PB

  3. Pete Biggs said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a 2007 Langster S/s and am running the stock Mondo 700c x 23
    tyres. I was wondering if there was a better option whether a
    different brand or even going up to a 700c x 25 (which I think is just
    about possible, still keeping quick-fit RaceBlades) Any thoughts? It's
    not that I am unhappy with the tyres the bike came with, it's just
    that I want to get the most out of the bike. I ride on a mainly flat
    seafront commute into Brighton on decent enough cycle paths.

    25s are more comfortable and longer-lasting than 23s for general cycling,
    and actually are faster on all but the smoothest surfaces.  So I'd recommend
    upsizing as long as there's enough clearance in the frame.

    Have a look at Vittoria Rubino Pro.

    ~PB

    Agree with 25,s if lot of riding is on paths etc.
    I use Specialized Armadillos on my fixed because i dont like
    punctures :-)

    Http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com

  4. Quoted message said:

    On Jan 31, 8:57�pm, "Pete Biggs"

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have a 2007 Langster S/s and am running the stock Mondo 700c x 23
    tyres. I was wondering if there was a better option whether a
    different brand or even going up to a 700c x 25 (which I think is just
    about possible, still keeping quick-fit RaceBlades) Any thoughts? It's
    not that I am unhappy with the tyres the bike came with, it's just
    that I want to get the most out of the bike. I ride on a mainly flat
    seafront commute into Brighton on decent enough cycle paths.

    Quoted message said:

    25s are more comfortable and longer-lasting than 23s for general cycling,
    and actually are faster on all but the smoothest surfaces. �So I'd recommend
    upsizing as long as there's enough clearance in the frame.

    Quoted message said:

    Have a look at Vittoria Rubino Pro.

    Quoted message said:

    ~PB

    Agree with 25,s if lot of riding is on paths etc.
    I use Specialized Armadillos on my fixed because i dont like
    punctures :-)

    Http://virtualcycling.googlepages.com- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    Thank you, I will let the present tyres run their course and then
    upgrade to Armadillo 25's and see how that goes.

    Bill.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.