Specialized Langster?

Alan Hoyle

Guest
I went into my local bike store to talk to someone about the possibility of building up a fixed gear
bike. After giving me some good advice on what to look for for doing it on the cheap with used
equipment, he mentioned that Specialized was coming out with the Langster singlespeed bike sometime
soon. While it came as a singlespeed, he claimed it had a flip-flop hub and could be easily
configured as a fixed-free. The picture in their Specialized catalog definitely showed multiple
brakes on it. I couldn't tell if it had braze-ons for water bottles, etc.

The price seemed pretty good: $440 MSRP according to the Specialized website.

Has anyone seen this bike yet? Opinions? Looks like it might be a great way to get a new fixed or
singlespeed bike.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/ "I don't want the world, I just want your
half." -TMBG Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

"Alan Hoyle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looks like it might be a great way to get a new fixed or singlespeed bike.

This is what I thought, too, and so I jumped over to their site ... looks kinda neat (although not
necessarily as beefy as I would want for what I had in mind), but alas, only goes up to 62cm. Story
of my cycling life.

Sigh,

a big guy