Specialized or Trek

bikerbrian

Aug 26, 2003
I'm trying to choose between a Specialized Allex Comp($1300 at lbs) and a Trek 5200(2400 at lbs) for my new bike. I know there is a huge price difference but I was just thinking of all of the additions I could get for the Specialized for that much money. The components are pretty much the same so is the Trek frame really that much better?

Originally posted by bikerbrian
I'm trying to choose between a Specialized Allex Comp($1300 at lbs) and a Trek 5200(2400 at lbs) for my new bike. I know there is a huge price difference but I was just thinking of all of the additions I could get for the Specialized for that much money. The components are pretty much the same so is the Trek frame really that much better?

I ride the S-Works frame from Specialized, and love it! I like their products, and I like the frame. If I were compairing it to the Trek, it is hard to choose. But, if you went with the Specialized Roubaix Comp, they are similar in price and you get a carbon frame.

It is all about what you want, and like. Good luck and enjoy buying your bike.

JET

It's a bit of an uneven comparison as the Trek frame is carbon.

The Allez Comp is over $1000 cheaper and if the components are the same you're paying the extra for the frame (it is carbon after all) and the Trek sticker.

As far as I know both Trek and Specialized guarantee the frames for life.

I had the same choice and I chose the Allez Comp and I've not regretted it.

I have an Allez comp and love it. Light and stiff, beautiful welds and paint, pretty quick/nimble geometry...no regrets here.