Specialized Pro Carbon Road Shoe ????

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by djsquatch, Apr 27, 2006.

1. djsquatch

djsquatch New Member

I am looking to buy new road shoes and have tried on all kinds. I have found Specialized Pro Carbon ones to fit the best. My question is who in this forum owns these shoes that can tell me how durable they are? The heel and toe areas appeared to me like they might wear out quickly.

Tags:

2. rodenmg

rodenmg New Member

I've had a pair for about 5-6 months now and a bit over 1000 miles. They still look brand new. Yes, I take good care of my stuff and don't abuse them. I don't do a lot of walking in them but the red cleats on the front and rear bottom have not worn any at all. They scuff up a bit but have not worn enough to notice. They are so comfortable I can't imagine riding with anything else. I'd definitely buy another pair.

3. SLClimber

SLClimber New Member

I love my pair of Specialized Carbon Pro shoes. I actually got a good deal on them ($200 versus $280). I have a narrow (or low volume) foot which causes problems with trying to get a snug fit. With the SIDI I had to put them on as tight as possible. The Specialized shoes fit really nicely as you can tighten them up using the cable system. The shoes are super comfortable.

I was alarmed to notice that the 2007 seems to have gone to the same style as the SIDI with straps instead of the cable system.