Specialized Roubaix Expert

Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert. All I can say is
sweeetttt!

Frame is rock solid. Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
solid it is. Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.

Can't wait for my next ride.

On Feb 27, 5:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert.  All I can say is
> sweeetttt!
>
> Frame is rock solid.  Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
> solid it is.  Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.
>
> Can't wait for my next ride.

congratulations. nothing like getting a bike that wants to be rode
( just like a girl...) question, why are you waiting for your next
ride ? just get on and go. enjoy

On Feb 27, 5:39 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 27, 5:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert. All I can say is
> > sweeetttt!

> > Frame is rock solid. Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
> > solid it is. Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.

> > Can't wait for my next ride.

> congratulations. nothing like getting a bike that wants to be rode
> ( just like a girl...) question, why are you waiting for your next
> ride ? just get on and go. enjoy

Oh, I picked it up today, then put 25 miles on it. I'm in the
Northeast so the days can be a bit chilly. Forecast for Saturday is
about 40 I think.

On Feb 27, 5:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert. All I can say is
> sweeetttt!
>
> Frame is rock solid. Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
> solid it is. Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.
>
> Can't wait for my next ride.

New or off eBay?
25mm Specialized All Condition Pros?
SRAM Force brakes?
I'm wondering if its the one that I drove support for starting out
from Delray beach?
It lacked adequate clearance between the front brake caliper and tire
so smallish rocks that should have not caused an issue repeatedly got
lodged between caliper and tire, causing the rock to cut into the tire
like it was on a lathe.

Probably not that big of a deal in the cold, but wait until and 80
degree day when the tar starts getting sticky ...

-bdbafh

On Feb 27, 7:56 pm, bdbafh <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 5:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert. All I can say is
> > sweeetttt!

> > Frame is rock solid. Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
> > solid it is. Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.

> > Can't wait for my next ride.

> New or off eBay?
> 25mm Specialized All Condition Pros?
> SRAM Force brakes?
> I'm wondering if its the one that I drove support for starting out
> from Delray beach?
> It lacked adequate clearance between the front brake caliper and tire
> so smallish rocks that should have not caused an issue repeatedly got
> lodged between caliper and tire, causing the rock to cut into the tire
> like it was on a lathe.
>
> Probably not that big of a deal in the cold, but wait until and 80
> degree day when the tar starts getting sticky ...
>
> -bdbafh

I bought it new. Spent some time with the owner of the bike shop to
get a good fit.

23mm Specialized All Condition Pros. The Roubaix Expert comes with
the SRAM Rival gruppo.

Now that you mention it, the clearance between the tire and the
caliper does look tight. I don't have enough experience to know if it
is "to tight". Guess I'll find out in the summer.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 27, 7:56 pm, bdbafh <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Feb 27, 5:01 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>>> Just bought a 2008 Specialized Roubaix Expert. All I can say is
>>> sweeetttt!
>>> Frame is rock solid. Got on it a few times and I'm amazed at how
>>> solid it is. Bear in mind this is my first carbon bike.
>>> Can't wait for my next ride.

>> New or off eBay?
>> 25mm Specialized All Condition Pros?
>> SRAM Force brakes?
>> I'm wondering if its the one that I drove support for starting out
>> from Delray beach?
>> It lacked adequate clearance between the front brake caliper and tire
>> so smallish rocks that should have not caused an issue repeatedly got
>> lodged between caliper and tire, causing the rock to cut into the tire
>> like it was on a lathe.
>>
>> Probably not that big of a deal in the cold, but wait until and 80
>> degree day when the tar starts getting sticky ...
>>
>> -bdbafh

> I bought it new. Spent some time with the owner of the bike shop to
> get a good fit.
>
> 23mm Specialized All Condition Pros. The Roubaix Expert comes with
> the SRAM Rival gruppo.

How do you like the Double Tap shifters?

\\paul
--
Paul M. Hobson
..:change the f to ph to reply:.

On Feb 27, 9:30 pm, "Paul M. Hobson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

> >> New or off eBay?
> >> 25mm Specialized All Condition Pros?
> >> SRAM Force brakes?
> >> I'm wondering if its the one that I drove support for starting out
> >> from Delray beach?
> >> It lacked adequate clearance between the front brake caliper and tire
> >> so smallish rocks that should have not caused an issue repeatedly got
> >> lodged between caliper and tire, causing the rock to cut into the tire
> >> like it was on a lathe.

> >> Probably not that big of a deal in the cold, but wait until and 80
> >> degree day when the tar starts getting sticky ...

> >> -bdbafh

> > I bought it new. Spent some time with the owner of the bike shop to
> > get a good fit.

> > 23mm Specialized All Condition Pros. The Roubaix Expert comes with
> > the SRAM Rival gruppo.

> How do you like the Double Tap shifters?
>
> \\paul
> --
> Paul M. Hobson
> .:change the f to ph to reply:.

So far so good, although I'm not completely used to them yet. It may
take a few rides for that. My initial impression is I have to throw
the lever pretty far to downshift.