Specialized Roubaix frame- no decals - LEGIT?

seriouslysilly

Oct 29, 2006
This person has been selling a lot of this frame
roubaix58a.jpg

roubaix58b.jpg

He claims that it is a2005 Specialized Roubaix, but without any decals.

His rating is +2000 and over 99% feedback so the recipients of the frame are happy. I tried searching for more info on the frame but can't get a definite answer as it to being real or how they can acquire a frame without the decals.
Is it rejects from the factory? The winners of the frame don't know any better?
Few months ago, the frames were white...now they're black.

Should I invest $$ on this frame? In your opinion, would it be worth over $200?

Thanks so much!

Hmmmmm, as far as I know, the 2005 alu Roubaix only came in blue and silver ("dream"), so he obviously could've painted it. I guess one of the distinctive features is the way the head-tube sticks up a fair way over the top-tube, and the "Zert" insert marks on the seat-stays. I'd pay $200 for it

Are there more pics?

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2005&spid=21471
05Roubaix_Dream_l.jpg

This is a pic of a 2004 stay on a full-carbon Roubaix. The frame in your pic seems to have the same cavities for the inserts

E1EC5134.jpg

531Aussie said:
Hmmmmm, as far as I know, the 2005 alu Roubaix only came in blue and silver ("dream"), so he obviously could've painted it. I guess one of the distinctive features is the way the head-tube sticks up a fair way over the top-tube, and the "Zert" insert marks on the seat-stays. I'd pay $200 for it

Are there more pics?
sorry, this is the only pic supplied by the seller.
what's strange is that a few months ago, the frames were white. I believe it was from the same year 2005, but don't remember the exact frame size.

I'm very new to cycling and have a steel road bike (reynolds 631).
I plan to get this frame and swap the components to this frame then sell my current frame. In the process I'll be learning how to build up bikes through a book that I bought and a friend who's studying to be a bike mechanic.

I just don't want to get stuck with a lesser quality frame with an even less pleasurable ride. I'm coming from a Jamis 2005 steel frame.

I'll tell you what I think it is. It's the same frame from the same factory in China that made the Specialized. They're just trying to maximize return on a production run overage, or a lot of frames that were rejected/returned by "S".

benkoostra said:
I'll tell you what I think it is. It's the same frame from the same factory in China that made the Specialized. They're just trying to maximize return on a production run overage, or a lot of frames that were rejected/returned by "S".
Oh man, if it is indeed the rejected frames, i sure hope it's not because it's defective :eek:
nothing like selling frames that could very well lead to serious injury when ridden

i just hope that it's over-production reason

seriouslysilly said:
Oh man, if it is indeed the rejected frames, i sure hope it's not because it's defective :eek:
nothing like selling frames that could very well lead to serious injury when ridden

i just hope that it's over-production reason

Maybe beause the zertz rubber insert fell out and now there's a big hole in there.

slvoid said:
Maybe beause the zertz rubber insert fell out and now there's a big hole in there.
oh great :rolleyes:
just looked closely at the picture and it doesn't look like the zertz aren't in the frame.
i should try to look at previous winners and ask them if the inserts were included.

Ask Specilized customer support. I'm sure they'd love somebody selling frames in thier name they they haven't santioned!!!