Specialized Roubaix

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by mafnorthcarolin, Apr 18, 2006.

1. mafnorthcarolin

mafnorthcarolin New Member

I was just wondering if anyone had any comments about this bike. Thinking of buying it and wanted to hear all the pros and cons from someone who isn't selling me the bike. Thanks!

Tags:

2. mitosis

mitosis New Member

I was looking at one late last year to buy, along with Scott, Trek (didn't like the look of the steerer :D ), Bianchi 928 L (which my wife bought) and the bike I ended up buying, Leggera Piuma.

The angles and tube lengths looked OK on the Roubaix but I don't I couldn't stand the look of it.

3. jsull14

jsull14 New Member

I bought a 2006 Specialized Roubaix Elite about three months ago for $1600(105/Ultegra mix) and so far so good. It is so smooth and stable it's incredible. Descends like a dream. It's a solid climber too. Check out some of the opinions of the Roubaix on www.roadbikereview.com. They are mostly five star. People love the bike. The unique frame geometry makes the difference I guess.

However, I will say that this is my first "good" bike so I don't have as much frame of reference as others in this forum. I test rode the Cannondale Six13, which people also love but I prefer full carbon. I also rode a Scott CR1 with full Dura Ace. It was sweet but $5000. So what I am saying is that I can't compare the Roubaix to many other bikes, but after about two pedal strokes I was sold.

4. scoutman

scoutman New Member

I bought the 2006 Robaix Expert. I was also considering the Pro, and S-Work models. I tested Giant OCR, and others. I even teste rode the 04 or 05 Elite in a smaller size and this was a great bike. I opted for the Expert and put my money on better wheels. Purchased Ksyrium SL wheels. It is a great bike. Although I have to admit I haven't been riding like I was before I purchased. I was riding a firend's Casati with Zipp 303 carbon wheels and Campy record. This Roubaix is just as fast and much more comfortable for me. I do miss the Campy gears butr overall it is a great bike for the money. I am a bigger rider and not a racer but do enjoy competitive riding with groups.