Specialized Roubiax headset size

Glen75

Jun 11, 2007
I have a 2008 S works Roubiax frame and fork i just purchased, It didn't come with a headset. I'm replacing a 2007 Giant TCR C0 frame, so i thought i'd pull the headset out of that and use it on the specialized (both being 1 1/8th intergrated), i assumed they would all be the same size.

The bottom appears to fit fine, but the top 'cap/dustcover' is sitting too high off the headtube. The bearings also appear to seat fine...

Is there different size intergrated headsets?

I was looking to purchase a Campag record intergrated headset, but now i'm concerned it may not fit.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Glen75 said:
I have a 2008 S works Roubiax frame and fork i just purchased, It didn't come with a headset. I'm replacing a 2007 Giant TCR C0 frame, so i thought i'd pull the headset out of that and use it on the specialized (both being 1 1/8th intergrated), i assumed they would all be the same size.

The bottom appears to fit fine, but the top 'cap/dustcover' is sitting too high off the headtube. The bearings also appear to seat fine...

I was looking to purchase a Campag record intergrated headset, but now i'm concerned it may not fit.

There are different sizes and different standards. Your best bet is to email Giant or call tech support.

Glen75 said:

Bearing should have a camfered side, that goes toward the headtube(pointed down on the top, pointed up on the bottom). I doubt the Campagnolo will fit but it may. Along with so much else, headsets are becoming unique to the frame/fork/manufacturer.