Specialized S-Works Road Shoe review..

Farmguy

Feb 27, 2007
I just bought a pair and put 50 miles on them in 2 seperate rides, first rides of the year. First, this is the first carbon shoe I have worn so I was amazed at how stiff the shoe was, my old pair was a Pearl Iz, not a cheap pair, just nothing compared to this. The "Boa" fit system is incredible, a solid band across your foot from the ball to the ankle, very closr to a ski boot fit and man can you crank them tight. It almost feels like you could strip the screws out of your cleats they fit that well over the entire top of your foot. Holding them, with cleats, they weigh less than my old pair without cleats :) I have the orange/white and I all ready heard a remark about my "foot bling". I passed a few cycleist going the oppisate way and later they commented on how they could see the shoes almost before my bike and me. Very well vented, 2 vents in the bottom so you can feel a draft around the toes, great for summer........sucks for these march rides. So far, very happy and Im off for another 30 m on them.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=33737

Those like sweet. I just picked up a pair of specialized pro roads. First ride today and overall they feel very good. My inserts fit nicely and I had no slipage. New shoes are a pain to shop for, but once you get them they are oh so lovely. :)

Farmguy said:
I just bought a pair and put 50 miles on them in 2 seperate rides, first rides of the year. First, this is the first carbon shoe I have worn so I was amazed at how stiff the shoe was, my old pair was a Pearl Iz, not a cheap pair, just nothing compared to this. The "Boa" fit system is incredible, a solid band across your foot from the ball to the ankle, very closr to a ski boot fit and man can you crank them tight. It almost feels like you could strip the screws out of your cleats they fit that well over the entire top of your foot. Holding them, with cleats, they weigh less than my old pair without cleats :) I have the orange/white and I all ready heard a remark about my "foot bling". I passed a few cycleist going the oppisate way and later they commented on how they could see the shoes almost before my bike and me. Very well vented, 2 vents in the bottom so you can feel a draft around the toes, great for summer........sucks for these march rides. So far, very happy and Im off for another 30 m on them.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=33737

swampy1970 said:
Duct tape over the vents on the inside of the shoe works wonders.
CLEAR packing tape on the bottom/(outside) of the sole might be easier ... and, actually a little warmer ... and, there isn't a potential problem with adhesive residue on your insole.

I've had a big issue with those shoes. I got excruciating pressure on the front portion of my ankle where the hard bit of the tongues presses onto it and cannot use the shoes.

Unfortunately Spec don't think this warrants a refund or replacement.

G