SPECIALIZED S WORKS TARMAC SL4 CRACKED

royvz

Apr 28, 2013
Hi, l am new here so someone may be able to help me.
I have had an S WORKS TARMAC SL4 for just over twelve months. The frame had already been replaced once due to a bottom bracket bearing issue.
[SIZE=10pt]Now the rear chain stays have both cracked, inside and out, and Specialized are refusing to warranty the frame on the grounds that they believe it has had an impact ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]The bike has not been crashed or had an impact and as such there are no marks or scratches whatsoever on the frame.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]I am asking if anyone else has had an experience like this with a Specialized Tarmac SL4 cracking along the rear chain stays ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]If so, were you granted warranty?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Thanks[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Royvz[/SIZE]

If all else fails send it to Calfee Design. They've been around as long as anyone in the business and do quality repairs.

yup i bought a sworks tarmc sl-4 and used only for three months, my seatstays and chainstays crack while i was sprinting, they refused to replace my frame,

I have just had my Sworks Tarmac SL4 for 3 rides and have a creaking sound in the bottom bracket, I made sure I used the sworks crank set as recommended, so far I'm putting down to unglued cups and the bike shop is more than willing to get it corrected. But I have been told that lifetime warranty applys. Do you compete in raceing. Myself its only weekend hills work and midweek flat riding by myself with no competitive racing at all. Is there a weight relationship to the frame I'm 85kilos

Hmm, I'm in the market for a new bike but after reading this thread, I think I will cross specialized off my list.

Originally Posted by new_rider
Hmm, I'm in the market for a new bike but after reading this thread, I think I will cross specialized off my list.
The problem described will elicit the same response from almost all if not all manufactures. Any manufacture will assume any cracks was caused by some sort of impact. If it's a bonding issue that's one thing, but cracks is another. Some manufacturers do offer 1/2 off the cost of a new frame for a period of 2 to 5 years in case of accident which would be your only recourse.

If you don't want that potential headache then buy a titanium bike and only have to worry about the fork.