Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

specialized sequoia head tube diameter?

Started by Mike · · Last activity · 5 posts · 613 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 November 2006
Last activity
14 November 2006
Original author
Mike
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
613
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I an comissioning a custom 'badge' for the head tube for one of
    my bikes. The artist needs to know the size of the head tube,
    the diameter. I do not see any markings on the head tube itself.
    Does anyone know the diamter of a 2003 Specialized Sequoia 55cm
    aluminum frame?

    Mike

  2. Mike said:

    I an comissioning a custom 'badge' for the head tube for one of
    my bikes. The artist needs to know the size of the head tube,
    the diameter. I do not see any markings on the head tube itself.
    Does anyone know the diamter of a 2003 Specialized Sequoia 55cm
    aluminum frame?

    Mike

    Circumference is pi*d or something, c'mon, where are the engineers, you
    finally have a mission!!!

  3. Qui si parla Campagnolo said:


    Mike said:

    I an comissioning a custom 'badge' for the head tube for one of
    my bikes. The artist needs to know the size of the head tube,
    the diameter. I do not see any markings on the head tube itself.
    Does anyone know the diamter of a 2003 Specialized Sequoia 55cm
    aluminum frame?

    Mike

    Circumference is pi*d or something, c'mon, where are the engineers, you
    finally have a mission!!!

    Granted that is the formula. Rather than mistakenly tell the artist the
    head tube is 71.2mm it would be much easier and more precise if someone
    knows this bike has a 70mm or 72mm head tube.

    The equation is normally express 2*Pi*R, and this is the same as Pi*DIAMETER.

    Mike

  4. Mike said:

    I an comissioning a custom 'badge' for the head tube for one of
    my bikes. The artist needs to know the size of the head tube,
    the diameter. I do not see any markings on the head tube itself.
    Does anyone know the diamter of a 2003 Specialized Sequoia 55cm
    aluminum frame?

    If you can see the bike, wouldn't it be best to just measure it
    yourself, perhaps with a strip of paper that you then put against a ruler?

    Also, the Sequoia with its integrated headset has a head tube that
    flares at the ends. Depending on where you expect to put the badge, the
    outer diameter could vary:

    http://specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf/Sequoiabro.pdf

    And I believe the frame is clearcoated (at least I think my 2003 Sequoia
    Sport is), so that could affect the effective outer diameter too from
    frame to frame.

    --
    I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
    legitimate replies.

  5. Mike said:

    Granted that is the formula. Rather than mistakenly tell the artist the
    head tube is 71.2mm it would be much easier and more precise if someone
    knows this bike has a 70mm or 72mm head tube.

    No, it would be more precise to actually measure the diameter, including
    the paint layers. There is no way to know how thick the paint is on your
    particular example.

    Jasper

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.