Specialized Sequoia

dobbins2k2

Jan 14, 2006
I am looking at buying a bike and I think I want a Specialized Sequoia. Can anyone tell me their experiences with it or anything else that would be of use?

Hi. I just bought a Sequoia Elite two days ago. I spent over two years looking at bikes. I wanted a comfort road bike as I am over 50. I ride on our local rail to trails. We have over 150 miles of them in my area.

I finally settled on the Sequoia because it had what I wanted. Extra brake levers. Smooth ride. Able to but a rack on the back to carry lunch. Like to stop and eat as our longest trail (little miami river/loveland trail) is right along the Little Miami River.

Only thing is getting used to the new shoes and how to clip in and out. But better bike better ride. Hope this is helpful.

dobbins2k2 said:
I am looking at buying a bike and I think I want a Specialized Sequoia. Can anyone tell me their experiences with it or anything else that would be of use?
I got a Specialized Sequoia base model about a month ago for my first road bike. I enjoy every time I go out for a ride. If you've got the money to spend, you might as well get the elite though. I know i'm going to have to shell out for some clipless pedals somewhere down the line, but for now it works great. I'm also a fairly big guy, and the extra spokes in the base model (heavier wheels) seemed to me to possibly be stronger and perhaps more durable for a man of my stature.