Specialized Sirrus Limited 2012 question?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by jrudolph81, Feb 11, 2012.

1. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

Is this a good carbon fiber hybrid bike?

Tags:

2. Hugh Juunit

Hugh Juunit Member

The limited is one sweet ride. The carbon fiber frame and SRAM components make it the fastest machine on the street.

I was tired of old men with shaved legs and in lycra tellin me what I needed to ride to go fast. I dont want to hear their science talk about aerodynamics and efficency. How in the heck does a curly handlebar make you go fast? It doesn't - you need attitude and the raw power to mash the pedals hard. On this bike you dont need to look like a streamlined baboon with their rear bulging out - you can look cool while being cool.

How fast is it - well it has fast wheels, fast gears and a fast frame. Dude this is carbon fiber we are talkin about. This is the greatest material on the planet. They make car parts and airplane parts with it - they go plenty fast. On the street nothing is faster than me on my limited - I even race cars from stoplight to stoplight - and I smoke em. Forget putting a cyclocomputer on it, you don't need it because you are always going fast.

It is also super reliable. I have ridden through cities, canyons, dirt roads, ditches, trails, mountains and forded rivers with it. All you need to do to maintain it is to hose it down once in a while to clean the sweat, blood and tears of any competition off of it.

3. Hugh Juunit

Hugh Juunit Member

Heck yes - did you read the post above? With a carbon fiber frame and fork you know it HAS to be good. I made enough money racing poor fools with this bike to buy another. This is one of the finest machines out there; you don't see it in sanctioned races because it would not be allowed - its far too fast and does not fit the "roadie" image.

Plus it is as strong as a tank! During a street race for pink slips, I got side swiped by a car at an intersection. My leg was banged up pretty good and the car was totaled - the front end was completely caved in. The bike itself was unharmed, I won the race, kept that fools bike and I rode my limited home.

4. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

I hear they're good for towing kids in trailers, too.