Specialized sirrus Limited Question

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by jrudolph81, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

Is this bike worth the 2100 dollar price? It's a carbon fiber frame and fork so that's good. I really like this bike.

Tags:

2. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

answer me now!

3. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Really?!?

If you have to ask, then it's NOT worth it.

Really.

4. maydog

maydog Well-Known Member

There was a lot of discussion about this bike a few months back. Here is what my search on sirrus limited returned:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/487166/need-answers-quick
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/487266/question-on-a-couple-of-bikes
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/487246/question-about-the-specialized-sirrus-limited
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/487223/which-is-faster
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t/487158/just-to-expensive-quick-question

Hope that helps.

5. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

That doesn't answer my question, what is wrong with you people!!!!!!!!!? I need to know if the bike is worth the price for a hybrid fitness bike. How our the components on the bike, is it as good as Trek. How do SRAM rival components compare with shimano 105 components?

6. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

7. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

for people that have been members here for a long time and say that you cycle, you sure don't know jack shit!

8. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

Why don't you give it up dude? You have been "shopping" for a bike for 9 months and still haven't made up your mind? You come here asking all kinds of crazy questions asking us to compare 20 different bikes for you. And then you start demanding answers to these questions as quickly as possible? Most of us try to help people who come on this site with legitmate questions and are willing to wait a day or two for the answer. We do have lives other than this forum you know. Anyway, as far as I am concerned, you can just go pack sand Mr. JRStudwhatever.

9. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

so what's the difference between shimano 105 components and sram rival components, any?

10. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

FWIW & IMO. Avoid SRAM ...

When in doubt, choose SHIMANO ...

If you are truly worried about quality and/or value when choosing a bike, then buy a CANNONDALE or GIANT bike which has Shimano components ...

Choose a BIANCHI or FUJI or RALEIGH if you want your bike to possibly have a little more character (but, it won't necessarily be better than a Cannondale or Giant) + a "foreign sounding" name ...

There are other brands (e.g., Trek) that you might want to consider, but 'I' would not include SPECIALIZED on my short list (that's not to say that they haven't made good bikes in the past nor that their current bikes are worthy of consideration ... they are just not worthy of MY consideration, FWIW) due to lack of comparative value ...

Really!

11. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

you our wrong, specialized make great bikes, up their with Trek, Giant , and Cannondale, so you our wrong! The specialized sirrus limited looks better than the other bikes anyway so there! Sram apex is better than shimano 105! BE positive!

12. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

you our wrong, specialized make great bikes, up their with Trek, Giant , and Cannondale, so you our wrong!

13. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Well, look at you ... finally, all grown up!

Let's mark this day down BECAUSE you seem to have learned to your satisfaction the answers to the questions you needlessly have asked ad nauseum in the past & recently!

Go ... and, ask no more!

BTW. I didn't say that there was anything specifically wrong with SPECIALIZED bikes, but they are just not on my short list ...

SRAM "stuff" is another story, IMO; but, if it's what YOU want, then that's what YOU should buy.

14. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

and why isn't specialized on your list? Professional bikers ride specialized all the time! I went to the cannondale site and they use sram components on their hybrid bikes as well, so their. And cannondale was on your list! Giant sucks! what is the top of the line components for a bike, is it Tiagra, Duraace?

15. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Really?

You know, probably at least half the people who read your query are rolling their eyes because you've opened up a can of worms by asking me what components I prefer ....

Despite the fact that you are clearly indifferent to what anyone says AND because you have formulated your own opinions (which is your prerogative & which are not necessarily wrong), let me say for the umpteenth time that 'I' think that the best drivetrain includes a combination of CAMPAGNOLO shifters with SHIMANO derailleurs -- that combination just shifts better.

• my specific preference is for any CAMPAGNOLO shifters with SHIMANO Ultegra derailleurs

FYI. As far as what a "professional bikers ride(s)" .... well, the bike manufacturer supplies bikes to sponsored riders because the bikes + additional remuneration are usually a part of the bike company's advertising budget. You can get a sense of how much additional money is tossed at the Teams beyond the bikes by how large their logo is on the Team's jerseys.

SPECIALIZED isn't on my list because unless a person is wedded to a brand (and, some are -- there is NOTHING WRONG with brand loyalty) AND the desired frame has the components a person wants (some people do want Dura Ace, etc.), then there is, IMO, no reason to buy a ready to ride bike once you have bought-or-owned two-or-three (that's an arbitrary range) ready-to-ride bikes ... and, I am long past having owned my third ready-to-ride bike.

16. jrudolph81

jrudolph81 Banned

Specialized is better so there

17. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

Better than what?

Better than my better bikes? I think not.

FWIW. This is just one of my better bikes which YOU, in particular, will be hard pressed to match:

[​IMG]

If you don't know what a COLNAGO is, then you may need to find out ...

There are so many bicycle brands which are better than SPECIALIZED that listing them would unnecessarily confuse your search.

If you think that a SPECIALIZED SIRRIUS is a good bike AND a good value AND you have the funds, then YOU should buy it and stop asking incessantly for a reply since you have apparently made up your mind AND nothing that anyone says will dissuade you.

OR, is it just that you want someone to say that the SPECIALIZED SIRRIUS is a great bike?

• the SPECIALIZED SIRRIUS is a great bike!

From my lips to God's ear ....

Happy?

18. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

There is no search going on here. The OP has been "searching" for several years now on this and other forums. It seems that his only search is searching for people to take him seriously long enough to answer him so that he can start pushing their buttons. And then when everyone is onto him and start ignoring him, he starts posting threatening threads until the mods ban him. It happened on Bicycling Forums and looks like it is close to happening here. I'll bet that the OP has no bike, never intends to get a bike, and is happy just to be spreading hate and discontent.

19. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Sorry I can't be on the forum all the time but as far as I concened mindless, worthless, insulting trolling needs to go.

20. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Don't worry about it, jhuskey. Just sweep out the trash when you have time.. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif