Specialized Sirrus's suspension seat post

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Viatl Info, Sep 4, 2004.

  1. Viatl Info

    Viatl Info Guest

    Hello,

    I was looking at this Specialized Sirrus. I am not sure if the suspension
    seat post is necessary. I may want to disable it.

    How does it work? Like suspension forks that can be locked? Or simply
    have it replaced with a regular seat post?

    Anyone worked with the Sirrus?

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Viatl Info) wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I was looking at this Specialized Sirrus. I am not sure if the suspension
    > seat post is necessary. I may want to disable it.
    >
    > How does it work? Like suspension forks that can be locked? Or simply
    > have it replaced with a regular seat post?
    >
    > Anyone worked with the Sirrus?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Don't know about the Sirrus, but my Trek hybrid came with one and I
    replaced it. I saved about 2 pounds by replacing it with a solid post.