Specialized Strongarm 7050 Pro Crankset

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mr. E. Mann, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. E. Mann

Mr. E. Mann Guest

Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    couldn't find any reviews on the internet about them.

Tags:

2. Greg

Greg Guest

I used one for one season; I think it's actually a Sugino crank made for Specialized (at least mine
    was). It's a little flexy, but it'll do. If you can afford a better one, get it instead. I really
    noticed the difference when I put on an XT. "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    > couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    them.

3. G.T.

G.T. Guest

Greg wrote:
    > I used one for one season; I think it's actually a Sugino crank made for Specialized (at least
    > mine was). It's a little flexy, but it'll do. If you can afford a better one, get it instead. I
    > really noticed the difference when I put on an XT.

You're giving us Gregs a really bad name with your top-posting (and whining about content in your
    other post).

Greg

> "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    >>couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    >
    > them.
    >
    >

--
    "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and hard,
    just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

4. Mattb

Mattb Guest

"Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    > couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    them.

I've ridden two of them on my last couple of bike (one on each for those wondering). I'm not a big
    guy and they seem fine. Pretty light and didn't strike me as flexy, but maybe I just don't ride
    hard enough.

Matt

5. Carla A-G

Carla A-G Guest

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and
    I
    > > like the price, but I couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    > them.
    >
    > I've ridden two of them on my last couple of bike (one on each for those wondering). I'm not a big
    > guy and they seem fine. Pretty light and didn't strike me as flexy, but maybe I just don't ride
    > hard enough.
    >
    > Matt

I have a set of Strongarms on my hardtail. They pop and creak every once in a while, but otherwise
    they have been holding up, until I can get a new set to replace them. They are light and stiff, but
    I don't think I would get another set of them.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

6. Mr. E. Mann

Mr. E. Mann Guest

<munch all the responses>

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking of getting a set of Shimano XT cranks, but I read so many
    reviews about them squeeking and making other noises on MTBreview that I'm not sure I want them. I
    don't really like the look of raceface or Truvative (which I have right now), so I'm wondering if
    anyone has any other ideas in the near $150 range. I'm not planning on doing any heavy duty off
    roading, although when I get my next bike I'll probably turn this into a trail bike (If I can find
    any decent trails around here), so they don't have to be indestructable. If I really feel like
    wasting some money I may go with the $209 set of XTR cranks from Jenson, but I'm not really sure
    what I want right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.