Specialized Strongarm 7050 Pro Crankset

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mr. E. Mann, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    couldn't find any reviews on the internet about them.

    Tags:

  2. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I used one for one season; I think it's actually a Sugino crank made for Specialized (at least mine
    was). It's a little flexy, but it'll do. If you can afford a better one, get it instead. I really
    noticed the difference when I put on an XT. "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    > couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    them.

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Greg wrote:
    > I used one for one season; I think it's actually a Sugino crank made for Specialized (at least
    > mine was). It's a little flexy, but it'll do. If you can afford a better one, get it instead. I
    > really noticed the difference when I put on an XT.

    You're giving us Gregs a really bad name with your top-posting (and whining about content in your
    other post).

    Greg

    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    >>couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    >
    > them.

  4. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and I like the price, but I
    > couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    them.

    I've ridden two of them on my last couple of bike (one on each for those wondering). I'm not a big
    guy and they seem fine. Pretty light and didn't strike me as flexy, but maybe I just don't ride
    hard enough.

    Matt

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Has anyone used the Specialized Strongarm Crankset? I like the look and
    > > like the price, but I couldn't find any reviews on the internet about
    > them.
    >
    > I've ridden two of them on my last couple of bike (one on each for those wondering). I'm not a big
    > guy and they seem fine. Pretty light and didn't strike me as flexy, but maybe I just don't ride
    > hard enough.
    >
    > Matt

    I have a set of Strongarms on my hardtail. They pop and creak every once in a while, but otherwise
    they have been holding up, until I can get a new set to replace them. They are light and stiff, but
    I don't think I would get another set of them.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  6. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    <munch all the responses>

    Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking of getting a set of Shimano XT cranks, but I read so many
    reviews about them squeeking and making other noises on MTBreview that I'm not sure I want them. I
    don't really like the look of raceface or Truvative (which I have right now), so I'm wondering if
    anyone has any other ideas in the near $150 range. I'm not planning on doing any heavy duty off
    roading, although when I get my next bike I'll probably turn this into a trail bike (If I can find
    any decent trails around here), so they don't have to be indestructable. If I really feel like
    wasting some money I may go with the $209 set of XTR cranks from Jenson, but I'm not really sure
    what I want right now.