Specialized tarmac bb cover replacement screw?

Flat head socket cap screws and machine screws (aka FHSCS) can be purchased locally in stainless steel from any good hardware store or one of the big box joints such as Lowes or Home Depot or Menards.

The hard part is going to find an insert for the drilled out carbon area that used to be threaded. Did it have an aluminum or steel insert that was the actual threaded part or was the carbon threaded, itself?

You could epoxy the hole closed, transfer the location from your cover plate and drill and tap that.

You could also epoxy a small nut to the epoxy, depending on clearance.

Their are clinch nuts and riv-nuts, if you have the room to install them.

There are several other methods that could possibly be applied, but I would have to see the thing in person to know if they would work.

Thanks, CampyBob for the suggestions. Yes, there was a insert that came out with the screw. The LBS showed me the mangled piece before throwing it away. I could go back to the LBS, but was hoping there would be something simple I could do, and wouldn't cost $40.

Using epoxy to glue on a nut or installing a clinch nut will cost $5-$15. It may be possible to shorten a Keensert or a heicoil and epoxy one of those in place. Both are inexpensive to purchase.

Not having your frame in my hands, there's no way I can tell which repairs are possible and which would be the best solution.

The screw for the bottom bracket cover stripped, so the LBS had to drill it out. Any idea if this screw is something I can purchase? This one http://screencast.com/t/gGyTGsUepL

I can't get a response from Specialized.
WHAT is the current diameter of the remaining hole?

AND, how much space is between the inside of the BB shell and the sleeve-or-whatever-is-visible beneath it?

FINALLY, how did the insert get stripped?

BECAUSE, if YOU did it -- and, if YOU are not generally handy -- then using adhesives may not be something you should play with until you learn to how to correctly use various tools-and-materials to a higher degree of competency..