Specialized the bully company?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
""To explain just a little bit, we have a lot of trademarks all around the world and we have a law firm that watches them. One of the things in the last five years, and especially the last two years has been the number of fake products with Specialized on. It's astronomical. We have a number of people who just track down these fake products."
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Only if they execute their employees, imprison their customers in labor/'re-education' camps and starve their suppliers to death. Other than those minor details, yeah.
Hey Bob, it would be better for everyone else if you quoted other members posts properly. You simply have to highlight the text and click the quote button in the editor or click the quote button in their post and their text will be added to your editor.

Originally Posted by steve

Hey Bob, it would be better for everyone else if you quoted other members posts properly. You simply have to highlight the text and click the quote button in the editor or click the quote button in their post and their text will be added to your editor.
insert nelson muntz laugh here.

After Mike visited Cafe Roubaix and gave the small shop owner a personal apology I was going to remove my blog post regarding Specialized, but then I read a post from the owner of Epix, who makes clothing for triathletes that he just received the same type of threat from Specialized that Epix sounds too much like Epic and they have that trademarked. Epix has posted about this on their Facebook page today.

I might as well keep my blog post up about Specialized.

Felt_Rider said:
After Mike visited Cafe Roubaix and gave the small shop owner a personal apology I was going to remove my blog post regarding Specialized, but then I read a post from the owner of Epix, who makes clothing for triathletes that he just received the same type of threat from Specialized that Epix sounds too much like Epic and they have that trademarked. Epix has posted about this on their Facebook page today. I might as well keep my blog post up about Specialized.
Good choice. I think the only reason Sinyard made an apology and an appearance was because ASI stepped in. After all, ASI has what Specialized needs: the Roubaix name.

WRT the aforementioned Epix cease and desist order:

I propose a new TV reality show, "Lawyers Gone Wild!".

Just to on the safe side, I'm going to trademark it, register it, patent it, copyright it and execute one of my uncles.

ETA: Specialized's lawyer letter is on Facebook. Pretty straight forward legalese: Stand down or we'll be seeing you in a court of law.

This thread is going to be epic! (Don't sue me, bro!)

Specialized sure are getting their money's worth out of their retainer. Mike Best & Co. are some great pit bulls!

And somebody better go warn Bontrager, quickly!

...and I "quote"...

"Among the many models built for the team is an extra-wide tubular called the Race Shop Limited, referred to internally as 'the Roubaix wheel' as it is intended for the brutally tough race, Paris-Roubaix."

"quoted" source cite for the site:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/inside-bontragers-wisconsin-wheel-factory

What about the old Mavic SSC Paris Roubaix rims... Better start suing those that still have a set! ... And will Specialized take the courts to court when some guy stabs someone with a home made shiv and said word ends up in the court records. Maybe a TM next to it would suffice.

Originally Posted by swampy1970

... And will Specialized take the courts to court when some guy stabs someone with a home made shiv and said word ends up in the court records. Maybe a TM next to it would suffice.
haha we'll just have to wait and see.

Shiv ©™®

Specialized also owns Rumor, Fate, Crave, Camber, Demo, Status, Safire, Ruby, Alias, Crux, Expedition, Crossroads, Turbo, Work, Daily and Roll.

Prior to use, these words must must be cleared thru Legal.

Note to Mike Best, Esq.:

Please file against all those faux, confusing products French fans lining the roads in July screaming, "Allez". Please notify them that it still, at this time, permissible to shout, "Venga! Venga! Venga!", but NOT, "Venge".

Kind regards,
Spesh

ps

Mike, could you also please file for a patent, trademark, copyright and registration for our new model, the "Vai"? World-wide rights will be fine.

Thanx!

Note to Mike Best, Esq.:

Please file against all those faux, confusing products French fans lining the roads in July screaming, "Allez". Please notify them that it still, at this time, permissible to shout, "Venga! Venga! Venga!", but NOT, "Venge".

Kind regards,
Spesh
big-smile.png

0.jpg

I guess I will pull down my opinion blog post (not that it had much impact anyway) for Specialized after reading an open letter of apology from Mike Sinyard on the Specialized Facebook to Café Roubaix and to Epix last night on Specialized Facebook page.

Originally Posted by Felt_Rider
I guess I will pull down my opinion blog post (not that it had much impact anyway) for Specialized after reading an open letter of apology from Mike Sinyard on the Specialized Facebook to Café Roubaix and to Epix last night on Specialized Facebook page.
"If the lawyer is good..."
big-smile.png

"Has he got a chance? Hell yeah..."
big-smile.png

0.jpg

Oils well that ends well. I guess I can still hold on to my Romin. Meh, who am I kidding they'd have to be making Mondo's out of kittens for me to give that thing up.

Originally Posted by danfoz

Oils well that ends well. I guess I can still hold on to my Romin. Meh, who am I kidding they'd have to be making Mondo's out of kittens for me to give that thing up.
if it gets me another mph, i'm honestly okay with using kittens.

slovakguy said:
if it gets me another mph, i'm honestly okay with using kittens.
Our dogs go really fast when they're hunting kittens on the farm.

SMART CLINIC, an outpatient addiction recovery center serving since May 2020 in Crescent Heights, Calgary, Alberta and Alberta-wide.