Specialized, Trek or Scott

miday said:
So straight away I'd say this is a flawed test. Also it is produced by Cervelo - hardly going to be objective. Besides there is more than number s to a bike otherwise the numbers would correlate with sales. The facts here speak for themselves. If it were price alone the sales would suggest that Giant wins every time. Scott's reputation has not withstood the test of time when it comes to the CR. Cervello too has a reputation for lower quality joins. Specialized on the other hand has gone from strength to strngth. Some of theat due to very clever marketing. But I've ridden all the bikes I've mentioned and found the SL to be substancially better to ride and it feels fast. There own "independent" tests put them way in front as I suspect do most other makers.

You're obviously a Specialized fan. Even in the light of an independent test you're still virogously defending the Specialize.
Well, the test is not done by Cervelo, it was done by Velonews. Cervelo just happens to have it on their site because their bikes performed well.
And....it's not about the cervelo, since this thread is about the Trek, Scott or Specialzed. I'm merely pointing to the fact that the Scott came out better. Read the posts...I posted.
Sooooo your points are......moot. :D

Virenque said:
I know bikes are handmade in USA and Italy but I`ve never heard of handmade in Taiwan!:D
Hey, they put the "Made In Taiwan" sticker on by hand.:D

Rudy said:
You're obviously a Specialized fan.

Sooooo your points are......moot. :D
Yes, Moots makes a very good bike as well.:D

You know the golden rule, never talk politics, religion and who make the best bikes... It'll drive you crazy.

Just think of all the bike frames that we could argue about, sounds kinda fun doesn't it ?:D

lwedge said:
Yes, Moots makes a very good bike as well.:D

You know the golden rule, never talk politics, religion and who make the best bikes... It'll drive you crazy.

Just think of all the bike frames that we could argue about, sounds kinda fun doesn't it ?:D

Ahhhh good point!

Come to think of it, why would you want to name your bike Moot! ;)

simon h said:
Hello everyone. I need some advice on which bike i should get. i'm really stuck. its between a 'specialized tarmac expert', a 'trek madone 5.2' or a 'scott cr1 pro'.:confused: please help. you choose. THANK YOU. Vino for le Tour.:D

Scott cr1 pro.

simon h said:
Hello everyone. I need some advice on which bike i should get. i'm really stuck. its between a 'specialized tarmac expert', a 'trek madone 5.2' or a 'scott cr1 pro'.:confused: please help. you choose. THANK YOU. Vino for le Tour.:D
What is your general body frame size? Do you like cycling more upright or more relaxed? Are you longer in the torso, longer legs, etc? What is your current frame size? Stem extension? Current bike?

The Scott has the longest headtube of the three for the same size. Generally the Treks will be the shortest headtube.

I love the Scott but I have shorter legs with a longer torso. The size with the proper top tube length (56.5) had a headtube of 170mm. Even with no spacers and a -17 degree stem, I could not get the saddle to handlebar difference to be enough. So the Scott would not have worked for me.

Conversely, I have a fellow rider who has a Trek Madone 5.9 and has tons of spacers and an upright stem. The Scott would have fit him much better with the longer headtube.

First decide on the proper bike fit.

vascdoc said:
If American is your theme - you may want to consider the Cannondale Six-13.
I read that you got a Specialized Tarmac (very nice) but just to chime in my $.02 regarding your orig. post... I agree with the above poster... Cannondale, baby. I love Specialized, don't get me wrong, I've owned 2 Rockhoppers and a Crossroads. When it comes to road bikes, though; I 'm not a fan of the compact geometry of their frames... I have always had great success with my 2 'Dales... but people are different, which is why there are many types of bikes! ;)

Anyway, you've made your purchase; and of the ones you said you were choosing between; I think you made the best choice. Good luck with it and good riding!