Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Specialized venge vias disc????

Started by rclouviere · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,333 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
10 August 2017
Last activity
10 August 2017
Original author
rclouviere
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,333
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Need some help. I'm looking at the above, used bike. Seems to be a really good deal; however, I'm 60 years (pretty experienced cyclist), and have pretty much ridden endurance road bikes. I'm thinking about getting this bike for the speed/aero. However, I'm not sure how this would work out for me. I've always had Trek bikes.

    Any advice?

  2. Why would your previous brand matter?
    Your body can't read logos.
    Position, gear ratios - that's what makes a bike rideable/enjoyable or not.
    If you're an experienced cyclist, then I bet that the differences in fit descriptions between your Treks is every bit as big as the change to the Venge.
    Take some measurements off your current favourite. See if you're likely to get comfortable on the Venge.
    Test ride, buy, or not.
    However, if "aero" is important, getting a disc brake bike is a so-so choice. Rim brakes can be more aero than discs.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.