specialized vs. marin

booyeah

Dec 28, 2006
Hi,

i am a newbie and would like some advice on 2 bikes i am looking at.

1. Specialized Sirrus Sport
FrameA1 Premium AluminumForkSpecialized Sport chromolyRims/WheelsAlex DA-16HubsSpecialized forged-aluminumSpokes14-gauge stainless-steelTiresSpecialized Nimbus, 700 x 28c w/Flak Jacket puncture protectionCranksetSugino CompChainwheel52/42/30Front DerailleurShimano DeoreRear DerailleurShimano TiagraRear CogsSRAM PG-850, 8-speed: 12-26ShiftersShimano R-440-8HandlebarsSpecialized Event aluminumTape/GripsBody Geometry Comfort II, triple-density gelStemAluminumBrake LeversForged-aluminumBrakesLinear-pullPedalsSpecialized nylon platform w/krypton topSaddleBody Geometry New Milano Comfort MaxSeat PostAluminum suspensionSeat BinderSpecialized chromoly

2. Marin Lucas Valley

FrameAluminum 7005
greydot.gif
ForkCarbon rigid
greydot.gif
CranksetFSA CFM Triple 53/42/30
greydot.gif
ShiftersShimano SL-R440
greydot.gif
BrakesLinear pull power modulator
greydot.gif
Brake leversForged alloy 3 finger
greydot.gif
Front derailleurShimano R443
greydot.gif
Rear derailleurShimano Sora
greydot.gif
Head setDouble sealed threadless
greydot.gif
Bottom bracketCartridge sealed
greydot.gif
Rear cog8-speed 12-24
greydot.gif
Front hubFormula 32 hole
greydot.gif
Rear hubFormula 32 hole
greydot.gif
RimsAlex DC-19
greydot.gif
TiresKenda Road, 700x28
greydot.gif
StemFSA OS170 threadless
greydot.gif
Handlebar6061 aluminum double butted
greydot.gif
Seat postComp alloy micro adjust
greydot.gif
SaddleWTB Shadow V Extra Comp
greydot.gif
PedalsComposite with alloy cage
greydot.gif
ChainIG31

I will be riding primarily paved and on occassion some very easy trails. I guess I am looking fo something light and comfortable. The geometry on the Specialized was fine (i.e. I actually rode this bike a little) I have not tried the Marin yet. I guess I am asking which has the better set of components, and which is the better buy.

Thanks

I dont know anything about marin bikes but i do have a specialized allez and i love it, it was between the specialized and giant and i went with the specialized. test ride both bikes is all i can tell you and go with the one that feel right to ya.

Ride Safe
tankman