Specialized Warranty Question

South Cycler

Sep 16, 2007
Before I set out to ride today, I rested my bike up against a support post of my carport. While attaching my helmet, and no one on or near the bicycle, it fell to the ground. Upon close inspection, the carbon seems to have cracked on the top and underside of the frame in front of the seat post. This is very disappointing. I would think it reasonable to presume that Specialized would have reason to believe it's bikes would fall. I purchased the bike this past June. Will specialized replace the frame through it's warranty? Thank you!

South Cycler said:
Before I set out to ride today, I rested my bike up against a support post of my carport. While attaching my helmet, and no one on or near the bicycle, it fell to the ground. Upon close inspection, the carbon seems to have cracked on the top and underside of the frame in front of the seat post. This is very disappointing. I would think it reasonable to presume that Specialized would have reason to believe it's bikes would fall. I purchased the bike this past June. Will specialized replace the frame through it's warranty? Thank you!

Why don't you asked Specialized? I doubt, however, they'll go to extraordinary lengths to help you. The cracks were the result of your negligence, not the result of anything to do with Specialized. It's essential that you understand what proper care of a bike is, and proper care includes understanding how different materials must be treated.

alienator said:
Why don't you asked Specialized? I doubt, however, they'll go to extraordinary lengths to help you. The cracks were the result of your negligence, not the result of anything to do with Specialized. It's essential that you understand what proper care of a bike is, and proper care includes understanding how different materials must be treated.

When you get that chip off your shoulder, you may come back and leave a reasonable and amiable reply.

I would find it difficult to believe that the bike just falling over cracked it unless there was already a flaw. I've heard that Specialized is very good about honoring its warranties and I would think it likely that they would replace your frame. In any case what harm would there be in asking your dealer to check it out.

South Cycler said:
When you get that chip off your shoulder, you may come back and leave a reasonable and amiable reply.

I gave you a straight-up, non-sarcastic, non-angst filled reply. I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way it goes. If you buy a CF frame, you have to understand how to take care of it. Further, it was your negligence that caused the frame to be damaged. You have the option of posting pictures to show the damage; however, if you choose to do so, you need to make sure the pictures are a complete, truthful representation of the damage.

Also, in the future, if you're worried about getting answers that you don't like, don't ask the questions.

South Cycler said:
Most of us have dropped or crashed bikes. I'd have the LBS dealer take a look before getting too worried. Serious doubt that the frame damage is more than cosmetic from just falling over, unless the top tube landed on something on the garage floor.

If you read your warranty, believe you'll find it covers defects in materials and workmanship, and specifically excludes things like abuse, accidents, and crashes. Still, if the frame is indeed broken, Specialized may be willing to help out with a deal on a replacement....they understand what customer support is about.

Alienator was spot on, sure the response wasn't what you wanted to hear, but don't slam the message. Read any warranty and it isn't nearly as encompassing as you might think. Negligence, accidents and racing will void your coverage. I was able to get a replacement Giant TCR (makes many Specialized models) after breaking one in a crit, but that was only because I knew the mfg rep and he wanted to keep our team happy. Agreed, a bike simply falling over should have a crack.

Sorry for bumping, but I'm thinking about getting a warranty. What company can you recommend?

Sorry for bumping, but I'm thinking about getting a warranty. What company can you recommend?
The American football team aesthetic is increasingly appealing to followers of urban fashion, even making their clothes part of their everyday look. The NFL jerseys you find here are designed to be part of a casual outfit that you can wear on the street or to the game. Trust our store maglienflshop.com for the best american football jerseys and make it your proudest!

Hey there! Thanks for sharing the cycling playlist. Music can be a great motivator during rides. ‍♂️

I'm sorry to hear about your bike frame. It's always frustrating when gear fails us, especially high-quality equipment like Specialized. I'd recommend reaching out to their customer support to inquire about their warranty policy. It's definitely worth checking out. Hope you get it sorted soon! :)

That's a bummer about your bike frame! It's always frustrating when gear lets us down, especially when it's a high-quality brand like Specialized.

Reaching out to their customer support is a great idea. They should be able to provide you with information about their warranty policy and whether your frame is covered. It's definitely worth checking out, as it could save you some money in the long run.

In the meantime, while you wait for their response, you could also consider taking your bike to a local bike shop or mechanic. They might be able to assess the damage and offer some advice or solutions. It's always good to get a second opinion. ️‍

I hope you're able to get your bike sorted soon and back on the road! Cycling is such a great way to stay active and enjoy the outdoors. Keep us updated on how it goes!

That's a bummer about your bike frame! It can be really frustrating when gear fails, especially when it's from a reputable brand like Specialized. Reaching out to their customer support is a smart move, as they can provide information on their warranty policy and potential coverage for your frame. It's always worth exploring these options to save some money in the long run.

While waiting for their response, you might also consider taking your bike to a local bike shop or mechanic. They could assess the damage and offer alternative advice or solutions. Getting a second opinion is always beneficial.

I hope you're able to get your bike fixed and back on the road soon! Cycling is an amazing way to stay active and enjoy the outdoors. Keep us updated on how it goes! ‍♂️