specialized winter skullcap -where can I buy?

Me

Guest
anyone know where I can phone up and order one of those black specialized windstopper skullcaps that
fit under your helmets?

Wiggle has mediums but I want a large. Anyone know of a shop that has that model in stock? I want to
get one before the weekend...

my other option is one of the Nike ones but they have that odd white mesh panel ontop and
I'm wondering if it will -A- be too chilly under an exposed helmet and -B- look funny.
Anyone use either?

cheers

I bought the latest DeMarchi under helmet and I'm not happy with it. It has a large seam right
across the forehead which is not only very painful but leaves a ridiculous looking line imprinted in
the skin which takes around 6 hours to clear.

D.

Me wrote:
> anyone know where I can phone up and order one of those black specialized windstopper skullcaps
> that fit under your helmets?
>
> Wiggle has mediums but I want a large. Anyone know of a shop that has that model in stock? I want
> to get one before the weekend...
>
> my other option is one of the Nike ones but they have that odd white mesh panel ontop and
> I'm wondering if it will -A- be too chilly under an exposed helmet and -B- look funny.
> Anyone use either?
>
> cheers

Lusso do a very nice Coolmax under helmet skullcap. I have used one for the last three or four
winters and its kept me very warm. You should be able to get one from most places.

Stan Cox

I use a Baked beanie from http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/, it keeps me warm and it is wind proof,
which is a big help. I have little hair, so I know it is the hat not the old mop.

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> anyone know where I can phone up and order one of those black specialized windstopper skullcaps
> that fit under your helmets?
>
> Wiggle has mediums but I want a large. Anyone know of a shop that has that model in stock? I want
> to get one before the weekend...
>
> my other option is one of the Nike ones but they have that odd white mesh panel ontop and I'm
> wondering if it will -A- be too chilly under an
exposed
> helmet and -B- look funny. Anyone use either?
>
> cheers

---

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> my other option is one of the Nike ones but they have that odd white mesh panel ontop and I'm
> wondering if it will -A- be too chilly under an
exposed
> helmet and -B- look funny. Anyone use either?

On reccommendation from this group I got a Buff, very simple and versatile. It's fine for all but
sub zero temps then I use a cycling specific balaclava anyway.

Despite what the picture shows it can be made to cover the ears when configured as a "pirate" hat.
http://www.evanscycles.com/product.jsp?style=20310
--
Regards, Pete

'Me' wondered:
> anyone know where I can phone up and order one of those black specialized windstopper skullcaps
> that fit under your helmets?

I don't know about Specialized, but Parrot do their own for GBP9.99 (GBP13.99 for the
windproof version).

url:http://www.parrot-online.com , part No PAR-SKUL (or PAR-WPSK for the windproof version).

I haven't tried either myself, but I buy most of my cycling clothes from Parrot these days because
they're so good.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I bought the latest DeMarchi under helmet and I'm not happy with it. It has a large seam right
> across the forehead which is not only very painful but leaves a ridiculous looking line imprinted
> in the skin which takes around 6 hours to clear.

I have one of these and get the same comedy forehead line!

I usually wear an ONCE winter training cap, with a flap to fold over the ears (I don't bother with a
helmet), but the DeMarchi is warmer.

Toby