Specs on Dura Ace RD7402

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Clydesdalemtb, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
    cassette and chainrings.

    # Max. Sprocket :
    # Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

    Tags:

  2. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
    cassette and chainrings.
    # Max. Sprocket :
    # Mm. sprocket : Front Difference : >>

    As quoted from my 1989 Shimano components catalog:
    Min. rear sprocket: 12T Max. rear sprocket: 26T Max. front & rear sprocket difference: 26T

  3. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
    >cassette and chainrings.
    >
    ># Max. Sprocket :
    ># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

    I think that Sheldon says these will work with a 28 I believe but mine are almost on the cassette
    with a 25.

    But the real issue with these is that you are stuck with 8 speed max and have to be careful with
    your choice of shifters.

    jon isaacs

  4. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 19 Mar 2003 14:07:54 GMT, [email protected] (Mike Krueger) wrote:

    ><< Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
    >cassette and chainrings.
    ># Max. Sprocket :
    ># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference : >>
    >
    >As quoted from my 1989 Shimano components catalog:
    >Min. rear sprocket: 12T Max. rear sprocket: 26T Max. front & rear sprocket difference: 26T

    That's also what the RD-7402 Service Instructions say, but following Sheldon's guidance I
    currently have a bike with this derailleur set up with 12/28 rear and 52/39 front. This
    combination works fine.

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > >Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
    > >cassette and chainrings.
    > >
    > ># Max. Sprocket :
    > ># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

    "Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think that Sheldon says these will work with a 28 I believe but mine are almost on the cassette
    > with a 25.
    >
    > But the real issue with these is that you are stuck with 8 speed max and
    have
    > to be careful with your choice of shifters.

    You can often run that changer with a 28 but everything has to be "on spec". Some of those variables
    are chainring spread and the shape/length/angle of the frame's gear tab. 28 is about the limit so
    anything less than perfect about the system makes shift to 28 sticky or worse. ("Worse" would be
    one-way shifting to the 28 - you can't shift back out to the 24)