Specs on Dura Ace RD7402

Clydesdalemtb

Guest
Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
cassette and chainrings.

# Max. Sprocket :
# Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

<< Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
cassette and chainrings.
# Max. Sprocket :
# Mm. sprocket : Front Difference : >>

As quoted from my 1989 Shimano components catalog:
Min. rear sprocket: 12T Max. rear sprocket: 26T Max. front & rear sprocket difference: 26T

>Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
>cassette and chainrings.
>
># Max. Sprocket :
># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

I think that Sheldon says these will work with a 28 I believe but mine are almost on the cassette
with a 25.

But the real issue with these is that you are stuck with 8 speed max and have to be careful with
your choice of shifters.

jon isaacs

On 19 Mar 2003 14:07:54 GMT, [email protected] (Mike Krueger) wrote:

><< Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
>cassette and chainrings.
># Max. Sprocket :
># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference : >>
>
>As quoted from my 1989 Shimano components catalog:
>Min. rear sprocket: 12T Max. rear sprocket: 26T Max. front & rear sprocket difference: 26T

That's also what the RD-7402 Service Instructions say, but following Sheldon's guidance I
currently have a bike with this derailleur set up with 12/28 rear and 52/39 front. This
combination works fine.

> >Building a Cyclocross bike and I need to know the following specs for a RD7402 so I can order my
> >cassette and chainrings.
> >
> ># Max. Sprocket :
> ># Mm. sprocket : Front Difference :

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think that Sheldon says these will work with a 28 I believe but mine are almost on the cassette
> with a 25.
>
> But the real issue with these is that you are stuck with 8 speed max and
have
> to be careful with your choice of shifters.

You can often run that changer with a 28 but everything has to be "on spec". Some of those variables
are chainring spread and the shape/length/angle of the frame's gear tab. 28 is about the limit so
anything less than perfect about the system makes shift to 28 sticky or worse. ("Worse" would be
one-way shifting to the 28 - you can't shift back out to the 24)