Speculoos Recumbent HPV ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFk2NoOq5w
I suppose that everyone has seen this you-tube video... I've probably
watched it a dozen times in the last few days. I tried googling for
the builders website, but came up empty. Does anyone know if this is a
production bike or an all custom speced one? Anybody have a link to
the builder? I've looked over many recumbents over the last 7 years or
so, but none have moved me part with my money yet. This one really
appeals to me!
Coors

On Apr 14, 2:53 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFk2NoOq5w
> I suppose that everyone has seen this you-tube video... I've probably
> watched it a dozen times in the last few days. I tried googling for
> the builders website, but came up empty. Does anyone know if this is a
> production bike or an all custom speced one? Anybody have a link to
> the builder? I've looked over many recumbents over the last 7 years or
> so, but none have moved me part with my money yet. This one really
> appeals to me!
> Coors

Hi, Beer...

It's almost certainly custom-built. The over-the-shoulder frame design
would make it very hard to adjust to a different sized person. It kind
of resembles Rob English's Hachi:
http://www.kingcycle.co.uk/hpvs/Hachi.html
http://www.kingcycle.co.uk/hpvs/Hachi2.html
but it's certainly different. Rob works for Bike Friday in Oregon now,
so you might get some information that way.

On the other hand, the rider of the Speculoos posted a comment to the
video. His profile can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ml112

Jeff

On Apr 14, 7:22 pm, "JeffWills" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2:53 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFk2NoOq5w
> > I suppose that everyone has seen this you-tube video... I've probably
> > watched it a dozen times in the last few days. I tried googling for
> > the builders website, but came up empty. Does anyone know if this is a
> > production bike or an all custom speced one? Anybody have a link to
> > the builder? I've looked over many recumbents over the last 7 years or
> > so, but none have moved me part with my money yet. This one really
> > appeals to me!
> > Coors

> Hi, Beer...
>
> It's almost certainly custom-built. The over-the-shoulder frame design
> would make it very hard to adjust to a different sized person. It kind
> of resembles Rob English's Hachi:http://www.kingcycle.co.uk/hpvs/Hachi.htmlhttp://www.kingcycle.co.uk/hpvs/Hachi2.html
> but it's certainly different. Rob works for Bike Friday in Oregon now,
> so you might get some information that way.
>
> On the other hand, the rider of the Speculoos posted a comment to the
> video. His profile can be seen athttp://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ml112
>
> Jeff

Hey,
Thanks for the link! I wrote the guy (Marc) a short message. Hopefully
he will respond.
Coors