Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Speed and pedals clearance

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 440 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 April 2007
Last activity
22 April 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
440
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi All,

    It looks like the famous velodrome banking thread from r.b.r has a
    reject twin.

    It has come to my attention that some track events are held in the
    summer on a speed-skating track around here. The surface is cement. It
    is a standard 400m oval with 25 or 26m radius. No banking of course. I
    am planning on having a go at a few events, the kilo in particular.

    So my question is, how fast do I have to go before I need to worry
    about pedal clearance?

    The bike I will use has a 27cm high bb, 170mm cranks, and the "q" from
    the bike center to the part of the pedal that wold strike is 16cm.

    Do I need to worry? ;-)

    Joseph

  2. email hidden said:

    Hi All,

    It looks like the famous velodrome banking thread from r.b.r has a
    reject twin.

    It has come to my attention that some track events are held in the
    summer on a speed-skating track around here. The surface is cement. It
    is a standard 400m oval with 25 or 26m radius. No banking of course. I
    am planning on having a go at a few events, the kilo in particular.

    So my question is, how fast do I have to go before I need to worry
    about pedal clearance?

    The bike I will use has a 27cm high bb, 170mm cranks, and the "q" from
    the bike center to the part of the pedal that wold strike is 16cm.

    Do I need to worry? ;-)

    Joseph

    I finally figured out how to use arctan on my silly calculator.

    Ever the eternal optimist, I think I should use the bike with the
    165's!

    Joseph

  3. Quoted message said:
    email hidden said:

    Hi All,

    It looks like the famous velodrome banking thread from r.b.r has a
    reject twin.

    It has come to my attention that some track events are held in the
    summer on a speed-skating track around here. The surface is cement. It
    is a standard 400m oval with 25 or 26m radius. No banking of course. I
    am planning on having a go at a few events, the kilo in particular.

    So my question is, how fast do I have to go before I need to worry
    about pedal clearance?

    The bike I will use has a 27cm high bb, 170mm cranks, and the "q" from
    the bike center to the part of the pedal that wold strike is 16cm.

    Do I need to worry? ;-)

    Joseph

    I finally figured out how to use arctan on my silly calculator.

    Ever the eternal optimist, I think I should use the bike with the
    165's!

    Joseph


    or just jockey.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.