Speed Cameras - Here We Go Again

"Ian G Batten" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> When she was reduced to ``Tell that to the family of...'' I switched off. The ABD guy was talking
> the usual self-serving stuff you'd expect, but he know how to present for the audience he had.
> Sure to God campaigning charities realise the importance of presentation?

Precisely the same technique as used by Be-Hit. So no, they don't have a clue in that department -
they are handwringers. It would have been better to get someone from the Slower Speeds Initiative,
they at least know how to rebut ABD's "lonely factoid" (c) Howard, as here:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=uk.rec.cycling&selm=60bf6ead.03120201
53.6ec58c96%40posting.google.com>

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

"Ian G Batten" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> When she was reduced to ``Tell that to the family of...'' I switched off. The ABD guy was talking
> the usual self-serving stuff you'd expect, but he know how to present for the audience he had.
> Sure to God campaigning charities realise the importance of presentation?

Precisely the same technique as used by Be-Hit. So no, they don't have a clue in that department -
they are handwringers. It would have been better to get someone from the Slower Speeds Initiative,
they at least know how to rebut ABD's "lonely factoid" (c) Howard, as here:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=uk.rec.cycling&selm=60bf6ead.03120201
53.6ec58c96%40posting.google.com>

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

"Ian G Batten" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, David Nutter
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Didn't think much of her "Think Of The Children" speech though...
>
> It was appalling. That sort of Blair-babe, tears-in-my-eyes, ``you're all so stupid it makes me
> want to cry'' thing may play well in the tabloids, but sounds hopeless on Radio 4 at a quarter to
> seven in the morning. When she was reduced to ``Tell that to the family of...'' I switched off.
> The ABD guy was talking the usual self-serving stuff you'd expect, but he know how to present for
> the audience he had. Sure to God campaigning charities realise the importance of presentation? If
> not, what are they doing on a slot on Today?
>
> ian

I think she landed her punches. Even if her method doesn't appeal to everyone it will appeal to
many. Not everyone appearing on 'Today' needs to be a gladiator and slay their opponent. Humphries
and Naughtie provide enough of that sort of entertainment for my morning.
___
Michael MacClancy

news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:28:12 +0000 (UTC), David Nutter <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Jim Naughtie seemed to be rather unsympathetic to the ABD's "self-serving" position
>
> Even getting him to accept the need for speed cameras it would seem. Smith is probably beating him
> with birch twigs as we type and read.

They should beat each other PS stated: "of course speed kills"

"Ian G Batten" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> When she was reduced to ``Tell that to the family of...'' I switched off. The ABD guy was talking
> the usual self-serving stuff you'd expect, but he know how to present for the audience he had.
> Sure to God campaigning charities realise the importance of presentation?

Precisely the same technique as used by Be-Hit. So no, they don't have a clue in that department -
they are handwringers. It would have been better to get someone from the Slower Speeds Initiative,
they at least know how to rebut ABD's "lonely factoid" (c) Howard, as here:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=uk.rec.cycling&selm=60bf6ead.03120201
53.6ec58c96%40posting.google.com>

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

In article <[email protected]>, Michael MacClancy
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I think she landed her punches. Even if her method doesn't appeal to everyone it will appeal
> to many.

Perhaps. But not of the audience of Today at 0645.

ian