speeding fine

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alan Moffatt, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Alan Moffatt

    Alan Moffatt Guest

    Tags:

  2. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Gonzalez ([email protected]) gurgled happily, sounding much
    like they were saying :

    £116,000 fine for somebody who earned £7m is the equivalent, proportionally, of a £330 fine to
    somebody who earns £20,000.

    Seems a big fine for 50mph in a 25mph limit, but no ban - which there almost certainly would be for
    60mph in a 30mph here, and which would be a FAR bigger problem for Joe Average than for the
    plutocrat, who'd just hire a chauffeur.

    Ah, here we go - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3044539.stm - "equivalent to 14
    days income"

    Fine equivalent to 1.5 months income for drink-drive.

    Seems to make an awful lot of sense to me.

  4. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Gonzalez wrote:
    > [uk.rec.driving added to the newsgroup line]

    No, no, no, no, no! We can do without cross-postings to uk.rec.driving!

    http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

  5. Gonzalez

    Gonzalez Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:44:21 -0000, "Danny Colyer"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gonzalez wrote:
    >> [uk.rec.driving added to the newsgroup line]
    >
    >No, no, no, no, no! We can do without cross-postings to uk.rec.driving!

    I felt they *had* to know how much a sensible speeding fine is.