Speedoholics meet in Winchester

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Johnb, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    The serial law breakering speedoholics are holding a meeting in Winchester Guildhall this Tuesday at
    7 for 7.30pm. They are to give the "true facts" about speed cameras (yo ho ho).

    All are invited but the organisers (unknown) say you should reserve seats - given the capacity of
    the Guildhall its more likely they want to get hold of your name and address unless they have the
    cupboard booked.

    There are to be speakers from S*f*sp**d and the abd and they say they have invited the police to
    give their views.

    I wonder if P**l Sm*th will be there.

    Might be an opportune time to bring out his mud-smearing web page for the local press to have a
    gander at :)

    John B
     
    Tags:


  2. JohnB wrote:

    > The serial law breakering speedoholics are holding a meeting in Winchester Guildhall this Tuesday
    > at 7 for 7.30pm. They are to give the "true facts" about speed cameras (yo ho ho).
    >
    > All are invited but the organisers (unknown) say you should reserve seats - given the capacity of
    > the Guildhall its more likely they want to get hold of your name and address unless they have the
    > cupboard booked.
    >
    > There are to be speakers from S*f*sp**d and the abd and they say they have invited the police to
    > give their views.
    >
    > I wonder if P**l Sm*th will be there.
    >
    > Might be an opportune time to bring out his mud-smearing web page for the local press to have a
    > gander at :)

    I'm a speedaholic...on my bike!
     
  3. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The serial law breakering speedoholics are holding a meeting in Winchester Guildhall this Tuesday
    > at 7 for 7.30pm. They are to give the "true facts" about speed cameras (yo ho ho).
    >
    > All are invited but the organisers (unknown) say you should reserve seats - given the capacity of
    > the Guildhall its more likely they want to get hold of your name and address unless they have the
    > cupboard booked.
    >
    > There are to be speakers from S*f*sp**d and the abd and they say they have invited the police to
    > give their views.
    >
    > I wonder if P**l Sm*th will be there.
    >
    > Might be an opportune time to bring out his mud-smearing web page for the local press to have a
    > gander at :)

    A speed addict - as in amphetamines - used to be called a Motorhead; I wonder why? Tom.
     
  4. W K

    W K Guest

    "JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I wonder if P**l Sm*th will be there.

    Don't be silly. If there is a speaker from SS, its either him or his pet cat.

    > Might be an opportune time to bring out his mud-smearing web page for the local press to have a
    > gander at :)

    I know I mention this frequently but... Perhaps a quiz as to who said:

    "Given an empty motorway, good visibility etc I don't see why a competent driver should not be able
    to find his vehicle's top speed. Is that a speed trial? I'd accept it as perfectly safe in proper
    conditions."

    "I know a road not far from here (60 limit) where I could expect to use 150mph in complete safety"
     
  5. Thomas wrote:

    > A speed addict - as in amphetamines - used to be called a Motorhead; I wonder why?

    But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever dadadadada dadadadada dadadadada
    dadadadada And don't forget the Joker...

    ;-)
     
  6. Gareth A .

    Gareth A . Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:53:17 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> I wonder if P**l Sm*th will be there.
    >
    >Don't be silly. If there is a speaker from SS, its either him or his pet cat.
    >
    >> Might be an opportune time to bring out his mud-smearing web page for the local press to have a
    >> gander at :)
    >
    >I know I mention this frequently but... Perhaps a quiz as to who said:
    >
    >"Given an empty motorway, good visibility etc I don't see why a competent driver should not be able
    >to find his vehicle's top speed. Is that a speed trial? I'd accept it as perfectly safe in proper
    >conditions."
    >
    >"I know a road not far from here (60 limit) where I could expect to use 150mph in complete safety"

    Nice selective quoting there... try including more of what he said. Perhaps you could turn up,
    record what he says and then cut the audio into something equally bad?

    It is being organised and paid for by Idris Francis. All interested parties are being invited and
    posters are being placed in local shop windows etc.

    Gareth
     
  7. Vic

    Vic Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:36:01 -0000, "Thomas" <tom [at] greysheep [dot]
    co [dot] uk> wrote:

    >
    [snip]
    >
    >A speed addict - as in amphetamines - used to be called a Motorhead; I wonder why? Tom.
    >

    ISTR that "motors" was/is a slang term for amphetamines. {Might still be current in some parts}

    Vic.

    a) Top posting.
    b) What's the worst thing about UseNet?
     
  8. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Zog The Undeniable wrote:
    > Thomas wrote:
    >
    >> A speed addict - as in amphetamines - used to be called a Motorhead; I wonder why?
    >
    > But that's the way I like it baby, I don't wanna live forever dadadadada dadadadada dadadadada
    > dadadadada And don't forget the Joker...
    >
    > ;-)

    Another girl another place another look another face

    ...

    we are the road crew
     
  9. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    "Gareth A." wrote:
    >
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:53:17 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >I know I mention this frequently but... Perhaps a quiz as to who said:
    > >
    > >"Given an empty motorway, good visibility etc I don't see why a competent driver should not be
    > >able to find his vehicle's top speed. Is that a speed trial? I'd accept it as perfectly safe in
    > >proper conditions."
    > >
    > >"I know a road not far from here (60 limit) where I could expect to use 150mph in complete
    > >safety"
    >
    > Nice selective quoting there... try including more of what he said. Perhaps you could turn up,
    > record what he says and then cut the audio into something equally bad?

    So he will be present then?

    > It is being organised and paid for by Idris Francis.

    Who?

    All interested
    > parties are being invited and posters are being placed in local shop windows etc.

    The local cycling groups haven't been invited.

    Why ever not? Do you know?

    John B
     
  10. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    "Gareth A." wrote:
    >
    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:53:17 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >
    > >I know I mention this frequently but... Perhaps a quiz as to who said:
    > >
    > >"Given an empty motorway, good visibility etc I don't see why a competent driver should not be
    > >able to find his vehicle's top speed. Is that a speed trial? I'd accept it as perfectly safe in
    > >proper conditions."
    > >
    > >"I know a road not far from here (60 limit) where I could expect to use 150mph in complete
    > >safety"
    >
    > Nice selective quoting there... try including more of what he said. Perhaps you could turn up,
    > record what he says

    Or perhaps we could bring out some postings on the disabled too.

    John B
     
  11. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:44:01 GMT, Gareth A.
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    <[email protected]>:

    >Nice selective quoting there... try including more of what he said.

    Why bother? A man who seriously claims to be a road safety campaigner while stating that we could
    maintain the same fatality limit with a 12mph speed limit is clearly at least one sandwich short
    of a picnic.

    Guy
    ===
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University
     
  12. W K

    W K Guest

    > "Gareth A." wrote:
    > >
    > > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:53:17 +0000 (UTC), "W K" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > >I know I mention this frequently but... Perhaps a quiz as to who said:
    > > >
    > > >"Given an empty motorway, good visibility etc I don't see why a competent driver should not be
    > > >able to find his vehicle's top speed. Is that a speed trial? I'd accept it as perfectly safe in
    > > >proper conditions."
    > > >
    > > >"I know a road not far from here (60 limit) where I could expect to use 150mph in complete
    > > >safety"
    > >
    > > Nice selective quoting there... try including more of what he said. Perhaps you could turn up,
    > > record what he says and then cut the audio into something equally bad?

    Why is that selective? I include much of what he said and do not misrepresent at all.
     
  13. Four day, five day marathon We're moving like a parallelogram

    Explain yourself, Mr. Kilmister!

    --

    Dave Larrington Owner of an ORIGINAL "Iron Fist" Tour T-shaped shirt
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...