Speedplay & Apologies

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Derek Swift, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I am sorry to all on this Speedplay Frogs situation that I brought before the group. Once again, I
    proved myself to be an inpatient jerk that was irritated after a phone call with a Speedplay rep.
    The Speedplay rep was terribly rude. My cleats did break 3 times and my pedals did crack. But
    Speedplay completely redeemed themselves tonight.

    I had a call from someone named Chan from Speedplay. I did not know him, nor did I really know how
    he got my number. Anyway, someone reported my post to Speedplay apparently and he called to follow
    up. He was completely different than the rep I had talked with earlier last week. This Chan fellow
    was a technical somebody and very accomodating.

    Needless to say, I experienced in the end what I could have by being patient. My quick heated temper
    made a stupid fool of me and further littered this group with a complaint against a GOOD company.

    Derek

    Tags:

  2. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Derek,

    Very gracious statement, but not neccesary. You should not have had to get aggravated to get fair
    treatment, and it doesn't seem that you would have, if you had not. Your impression of the company
    was formed in dealing with their representative. If a company employs a less than diplomatic sort of
    personality in a position to deal with customers, then they risk customers forming negative opinions
    of the company. Polite, fair and considerate people too often make allowances for those who are not.
    In personal affairs that's one thing. But in commerce, you have the right to be treated fairly, and
    politely. I refuse to allow any vendor to treat me in less than a fair manner. Compromise is always
    possible, but I will not just accept a "That's the way it is" statement. And neither should anyone
    else. Doing so only serves to propogate that sort of treatment, which is already rampant here in the
    US. It's sad, but it will not change unless people care enough to stand up for themselves, demand
    fair treatment, and use fair, ethical and legal tactics to achieve the same.

    I say good job, Derek.

    news:[email protected]...