Speedplay Frog Pedals not grabbing.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by wALDOsLACK, Apr 24, 2006.

1. wALDOsLACK

wALDOsLACK New Member

Hey folks. I have a set of the SP Frog pedals that just don't snap in like they are suppose to. I've tried adding a spacer between the cleat & the shoe & this helped a little. These things don't snap in like the road cleated speedplays. With those you know your in...

There's nothing more annnoying than trying to make a climb & your food pops off for no apparent reason. Or pushing down to clip in & not knowing if your cleat has attached. They don't snap or pop to let you know like the SP road pedals do.

I have some eggbeaters that do the same thing. You just don't know if your in or not.

Help or suggestions?

Perhaps I should get the Shimano959's?

Tags:

2. wALDOsLACK

wALDOsLACK New Member

What, No one uses speedplay frog pedals?

C'mon, how bout some help? Anyone, anything? I'm dying to get securely clipped in over here..... lol
    wW

3. bonegirl

bonegirl New Member

The Frog's do not snap in...they more "slide" in. I hear a the click when in. Keep practicing. Great pedals, tons of float.

4. triguy98

triguy98 New Member

So get a pair of Times ;) I just dont think the SP mechanism is the wisest thing off road. There was a dude at the local trails last weekend having a $h!t fit over his frogs. It was light mud, nothing bad, and his pedals gummed up. I can clip in when the limestone clay gunk is hard and is clinging to everything. I've never been able to not clip in.

5. basso97

basso97 New Member

They are the easies engaging pedals that there is. You may need new cleats.